Happy Pride !!

Addie1od
on 6/11/12 6:34 am, edited 6/11/12 6:35 am - philadlephia, PA
Just wanted to say that to everyone here. We had Philly Pride this past weekend and sadly it was the 1st year in forever that i have not participated but this year was preempted due to my daughters graduation party. AWKWARD!! It was held at my ex-husbands house which used to be our house, and now it is their house... so strange to be there w/ his family and a few of mine and just be a guest. His wife was cordial enough but, it was very hard for me. On a bright note - no one knows i have had surgery so i had no raised eyebrows wondering how i am doing or watching me eat, it was the one time in a long time that i did not feel like the largest women in the room and his sisters who used to be rail thin are not any longer! Catty as that is - it felt good to look at them and think. FU fatass. They always had something to say about my weight. always very critical. My partner was there with me, also weird for her. Anyway, its over but my PRIDE remains! How is your town celebrating? Philly is a wonderful place to be out and proud!
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

jamienyc1026
on 6/12/12 6:45 am, edited 6/12/12 6:51 am - Bronx, NY
Happy Pride!!!!

NYC pride is on June 24th and I cannot wait to go traipsing around at pride with my smaller frame this year.

Everchanging
on 6/15/12 9:18 am - NY
VSG on 03/13/12
Wow i can only imagine how awkward that was for the both of you.I'm glad that you made it I'm sure that was a good feeling of looking at your ex's family and then looking at you in awe.I've always wanted to go to Philly pride i heard that it pretty awesome,Maybe next year.I'm from NYC and pride is June 24Th and I'm not sure I'm going.Its been about 5 years maybe more since i been to pride because every time that I've went someone has commented about my weight and made me feel like i didn't to be there.I'm a very confident person but going to pride ALWAYS  makes me feel so self conscious...I still have time to decide if I'm going.

I'm on a Everchanging journey.       

OneFinger
on 6/17/12 2:17 am
Thanks for the Pride wishes. Sorry you couldn't attend the Philly Pride this year. But, sounds like you had an "interesting" time. I can only imagine how difficult it would be going to your old house, seeing the former relatives, etc. Think you handled it well and I'm glad you had the support of your partner.

Within the past few months I relocated to Portland and this is their Pride weekend. Heading out shortly to watch the parade and attend the festivities. Looking forward to it. And, I'm so glad to be able to do it having reached my goal weight.

I find myself getting out and about much more since I lost the weight. For me, it's not just been physical changes but had really involved mental adjustments in how I view myself. I love the results of my RNY surgery.

Happy Pride to everyone.
High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 372 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 944 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1323 views