Got my cardiac clearance for gallbladder surgery!

sassygirl23
on 7/27/12 7:11 am
Hi everyone!

First let me introduce myself a little here...my name is Kathy and I live in south Jersey.  I have been seeing my surgeon for almost 4 out of the 6 months now and we agreed that my gallbladder (since it is full of stones) needs to come out first.  So I just did the chemical stress test today and it came back with everything normal (such a tremendous relief!!).  So that is all I needed.  By this time next month that will be done and I will be healing and getting ready for the sleeve!

I remember when I went to a support group very early on everyone told me it goes by in the blink of an eye but quite honestly, when you have to wait those 6 months...after carrying so much weight for so long....even an extra day seems like forever!

So the ball is rolling!  I will update as I go.

Oh...and the tech that did my stress test today and I were talking and she was asking me what I want to do when I get this weight off.....it reminded me of what Tom had posted on here just a day or so ago.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  I have soooo many strengths but where to put my energy in the future???  I don't know....but at least now I know I WILL have a future!!

Thank you all for your support along the way.  This is a wonderful place and I hope one day to meet all of you in person.
Kathy
twotontunic
on 7/27/12 12:38 pm - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12
First off, congrats on being a step closer to your first goal, Kathy.
Second, as I read your post I realized I never really considered what I would do once the weight is gone.  Then, it occured to me that after so many years of failing at weight loss, I don't truly believe the weight is going anywhere, even with the sleeve.

It makes me wonder,  if I make it through approval, if i get this procedure done, when will it dawn on me that I can start considering the answer to 'what will you do without the weight?'
I have been this way for 25 years.  I have no idea what I even look like under all of this.  It's exciting to think about in the most unusual way.  Will i recognize the person in the mirror as myself anymore?  Guess it's a good thing I'm already lining up a good counselor for all of this huh?  
sassygirl23
on 7/27/12 1:57 pm
Yeah....they are definately things to think about....and start putting out into the universe...so we can draw it to us. 

I was 'thin' for the last time over 30 years ago....and for so long when I dreamt about myself I dreamt of me at that weight (bikini size)....I was thinking about that today and I honestly can't say when that changed.  But it most definately has!  I see myself....awake AND asleep as.....big (I REALLY hate the 'O' word).  So I think I am going to have to do alot of work to change the picture I have of myself in this journey.

I remember when my son was young and we had moved I told him that he could be anyone he wanted to be (he was naturally very shy so didn't have many friends).  But it is really hard to change who we are naturally.

This is going to take work. 
But today....I feel like I can do it.  (hope I can hold onto this....and even if I don't....I will come back here and read this again).
Thanks for replying twotontunic! 
You are going to do great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 380 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 951 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1327 views