Hi All... Looking for Revision

Lynn W.
on 3/6/13 5:26 am - NJ

Hi,

Today, I rejoined OH.  This time, as a person seeking a revision.  I first joined back in early 2008; I had RNY surgery on Dec 28, 2008.  I did well for the first year or so, but then I started slacking off, thinking the surgery would allow me to eat what I wanted and still keep the weight off.  Well, surprise, surprise!  It doesn't work that way.  So, I'm back.

Let me tell you, rejoining this site was not easy for me.  Granted, I made any friends and gained (and gave) lots of support here.  (It's a great site!)  But, returning and rejoining made me face the harsh reality that I really need help.  Again.  I can't believe I'm starting this whole process over (haven't even attended my first info session, nor have I started that whole uphill insurance battle).  ​I can't do this alone.  I do know that.  And that's why I'm back.

I'm scheduled to attend an information session on May 6th. It can't come soon enough.  I am thankful for 2nd chances and, provided I'm given one, I will NOT waste it this time.

xoxo

Lynn 

Well-behaved women seldom make history.  --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

ohbearly
on 3/13/13 4:43 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Welcome back Lynn! Best of luck on your second chance journey. Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Lynn W.
on 3/13/13 5:08 am - NJ

Thank you so much, Tom!

ValueMe
on 3/13/13 11:35 am

Hi Lynn:

I wish you much success for whatever is best for you. I remember when I was preparing for WLS, but a "strange" thing happened on the way...I became ill and could not have the surgery. The illness forced Me to look at Myself and change My Lifestyle, beginning with My eating habits. Guess what, within a year I lost about 75 lbs. and the next year I lost 75 more lbs. That was over 5 years ago and I am still healthy!

May I make a suggestion: While you are waiting for your results why not try to change your Lifestyle before you are forced to, especially since you already know what it will take. And who knows, you may reactivate your "pouch"; I once heard someone say, "you won't lose it (pouch) if you use it."  The place that got Me started and I am STILL there EVERYDAY is MyFitnessPal.com

I believe that Regaining your Health can not wait for Anyone's "approval."

Be Well

Be Well, Live Well
I Am Most Excellent - Affirmed Only Of GOD.
I wish for You, what I pray for Myself: Wellness, Happiness and Success In ALL Things Good! 
I know for Sure I Control: My Attitude and Effort, My Health and Happiness.

Lynn W.
on 3/13/13 11:41 am - NJ

Thank you for the suggestions, ValueMe.  Best wishes to you always!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 380 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 951 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1327 views