Are you SERIOUS???

always_bella
on 5/22/13 12:33 pm - NC

Hello Rainbow Family,

Lets talk partners !!! Is there anyone here that's having an issue with your partner on your weight loss journey??? I love my girlfriend to the max, BUT when I told her I was considering weight loss surgery she said if that's what I want she understands. So on and so forth My problem is she said she would keep the JUNK FOOOD out of the house.  um so not happening. I know I need to be able to fight the temptations and I do, but it would really help if she would just do what she said. When I get stressed which I am. I really really have a hard time. I don't want to make her change how she eats unless she want's to. How can I go about handling this situation fairly?

~*Bella Baby*~

datachick
on 5/24/13 1:56 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Both my wife and I had surgery 7 months ago. When we'd kinda/sorta go thru the pantry or drawers to clean out some food...I was pretty ok with the lingering crap food for a while because I didn't want any. Some of it seriously is now like past it's freshness date, but my wife has a harder time letting go of it. Eventually I asked her if we could put it all in a bin out in the garage (right outside the kitchen door, so not very far, where we store other kitchen stuff like canned goods and such). She was fine with that. So that rubbermaid bin has been out there for months, and funny....she totally forgets about it. The other day when I was cleaning up in the garage and sorting out all of our canned goods, paper towels etc...I dragged it down off the shelf and asked her if she wanted all of the stuff. Said it was ok if she did, I just was cleaning up/sorting stuff out. She actually threw out some, then took a costco-sized bundle of pasta and gave to a gal at work. Threw out some old cereal, and kept a few things. So it's still out there, we are both fine with it. I got the stuff out of my sight, but still within her sight if she wanted it, and didn't force the issue.

Hope this helps....

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

ValueMe
on 6/14/13 10:49 am

Well, these differences are gonna happen when people are not in-tuned or on a similar journey. She may not understand that you are fighting for your LIFE. Try to get her to see this and cooperate or she may not care. If she does not care it is a whole new ball game!

Me and My Ex ended our relationship for different reasons; but she in NO way would try to sabotage My wt loss efforts. I lost and am still losing wt via change of diet and moderate exercise. I'm a Vegetarian and do a lot of Fresh Juicing. THIS is LIFE! You just have to make it PLAIN to your Partner...at some point YOU may have to make a decision as to what is more Important to you.

Be Well, Live Well
I Am Most Excellent - Affirmed Only Of GOD.
I wish for You, what I pray for Myself: Wellness, Happiness and Success In ALL Things Good! 
I know for Sure I Control: My Attitude and Effort, My Health and Happiness.

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/6/13 12:17 am

Have you told her how you are feeling? It's a transition for her also and she's not perfect with food either. Maybe she's thinking of having less of it around after you have surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1325 views