HI Honey I'm home............

patti H.
on 2/3/04 12:18 pm - swansea, il
Well hello hello all. Look what community I found. I have been on this web site for months also and thought I was alone. I admit feeling frustrated looking for a group, web site, or local support group I feel like I fit in. This may be the place. Let me introduce myself I'm Patti from Swansea Ill. I work for the government and have Blue Choice Federal ins which is a good thing. I submitted my packet to New Start in St Louis MO. about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I am sure I will qualify. I have followed the footsteps of some co-workers who got approved. I am having the lap/rny with Dr Richardson. I have a BMI of 43 and ready for a new life. I know it will be a hard road at first but I have made it through alot worse. I can follow a diet I've done it many many times...lol. Anyone wants to email just drop me a line. I have some very close wonderful friends who are supportive just wanted community in the WLS alternative lifestyle nitch... I'm just so damn glad I'm not alone. Take care Patti
Lisa ..
on 2/3/04 1:23 pm - NJ
Hi Patti, You're right, you aren't alone. I just recently found this board also....so welcome! I use to live in Chicago for about 6 years, but I've never heard of Swansea. Anyway, welcome and take care.
patti H.
on 2/4/04 9:08 am - swansea, il
Thanks Lisa, Swansea is about 20 minutes outside of St Louis Mo where I work. I appreciate the emails from you and Chari. I called My Dr's office today they confirmed my info is complete but will be about 6-8 weeks before I can get a surgery date. Once approved by all, ins, Dr etc it will only take 1-2 weeks before surgery. I feel so impatient! I went out and got a hair cut and new glasses today because I feel so happy. I have a bad habit of neglecting myself because I feel so badly about my weight. Time to quit hanging my head and move forward. Well thanks all. Patti
Lisa ..
on 2/5/04 9:26 am - NJ
Patti, I know what you mean neglecting yourself. I use to do that a lot. I would always use the excuse that I didn't "deserve" something until I lost weight. It wasn't until about 2 years ago that I knocked myself out of that thinking. My sugery date is April 8th and I'm feeling impatient also. lol But now I'm having problems with my PCP writing a letter to my insurance company about why I need the surgery. He's the one that suggested the surgery to me in the first place and now he's stalling for some reason. We'll see what happens. Anyway, good luck with your surgery date! Lisa
Chari C.
on 2/3/04 3:06 pm - Porrtland, OR
Hello to you too Patti! Welcome. Sounds like you've got a pretty clear path ahead. Good luck, and keep us posted! Chari
Jessmac
on 2/9/04 5:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to our slowly growing board! Best of luck!
Larakatya
on 2/12/04 12:37 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Welcome!!!!!! Best of luck to you on your journey! ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1325 views