Trazadone~~Ambien~~Sonata ??

Ann B.
on 3/30/04 10:39 am - Dallas, TX
I saw a nutritionist today. She advised that I change my sleep medicine, Trazadone, because it can cause the body to hold to weight. Has anyone else found this to be true for you? I would like to hear if Ambien or Sonata has had positive or negative effects for any post ops. Oh, and guess what? She also said I was doing too much and should not be exercising every day as well as I need to have fruit every day instead of the twice a week I have been. I am going to try her suggestions and see if it causes any weight loss. Ann in TX 414/292/140
Donna M.
on 3/30/04 10:44 am - Long Beach, CA
Wow, Im on Trazadone too, and will definitely be contacting my doc about that. Im a year behind you, so Im looking forward to some excersize. What are you doing every day? Does she want you to eat any particular type of fruit? Im anxious to hear if anyone has info on the sleep drugs... -Donna
lisawheeler
on 4/4/04 5:31 am - Andrews, TX
Talked to my pdoc about the same issues, and he said that it can only cause weight gain if taken in the higher doses. I personally don't take more than 100 mg's and he said that's fine. Good luck! Lisa
Gregg C.
on 4/11/04 6:22 am - Baton Rouge, La
Ann, I had tried Ambien, Trazadone and Sonata, but didn't have much luck or continued luck with them. I now take Doxapin (it is an anti-deppressant they really don't use for depression anymore but many doctors prescribe it for sleep) and let me tell you, it puts me right out. I try to skip a day here and there so my body won't build up a resistance, but it still works great for me. Really the only sleeping pill that has. I also don't notice any more hunger or weight gain with any of the sleeping pills. Weight gain is a side effect for thousands of drugs, but not everyone will have that side effect. I would say watch how it's doing for you and if you feel it is causing you to eat more, switch to another one. We also eat all our carbs in fruits and vegi's. No pasta, bread, rice, flour, milk (we use carb countdown now with 3 g of carbs and 12 g of protein per glass), or sugar. There are so many items made with no sugar added that this has not been a problem for us at all. We try to have one or two servings of fruit per day and about 4 servings of vegi's. I'm still not at the point where I can eat very much, so I always eat my protein first and if I am still hungry or want more, I will eat on the vegi's or fruit. Hope this helps. Gregg 253/157/150 Open RNY, New Orleans, Louisiana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 380 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 951 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1327 views