FINALLY! A surgery date!

Tom T.
on 4/22/04 10:34 am - Saint Petersburg, FL
After what seems like years, I finally have a date for surgery. I'm getting done on May 11th. I think I'm mostly ready for this, but I've caught myself looking in the mirror where there's no scar now, wondering what it's gonna look like. This is normal? Also, my partner has been very supportive throughout this process, but lately has been tossing out comments like "It's not too late to try hypnosis", or "Wanna give Atkins another try?" Is this normal? I just read a few postings earlier tonight from straight guys who got dumped by their newly-smaller wives, and they seem like a pretty unhappy lot. My husband and i have 16 years behind us, and I'm really excited about being able to do things with him again, like travel, and going to the beach, or riding a roller coaster. Is there anything anyone can suggest to help me put his concerns to rest? That's about it for now. Eighteen days and counting.....
ruthdebra
on 4/23/04 1:00 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Tom - congratulations on getting a date. I don't know which surgery you're having but the incision for my open RNY is less than 4 inches long-not bad at all. I think that after 16 years, chances are your relationship is pretty solid (hope so) that your partner may be expressing his concern for you and the surgery. Or letting you know that you can still change your mind. So - talk, talk, talk, and listen, listen, listen. My suggestion is that you really open up a dialogue with him about what his fears and concerns are, let him know that the relationship is not based on pounds, that you know that he loves you and you love him at any weight or level of disability. And also let him know that you love your lives together and to be able to live with him and be healthy is a prime concern. If he'd like some contact with my very devoted partner, I would be happy to arrange. Good luck to you - and let us know how it goes. Ruth
Michael W.
on 4/23/04 5:10 pm - Highland, CA
Congrats!So happy for you. I just got my date too! June 30th!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1325 views