Any one want's to RIDE

Jim L.
on 7/21/04 5:19 am - Phelan, CA
Hi My name is jim and can't wait to ride my Harley. I have one more week before i can feel the wind in my face. Is there any one in the deasert that would like to get to gahter and ride? Let me know and and the time would like to go .
Lucy R.
on 7/22/04 10:32 am - Acampo, CA
Jim, Too bad you are so far away from me I would love to go for a ride! I have been dying to get out there. Mine sits in the garage waiting for me!Lucy
Jim L.
on 7/22/04 11:20 am - Phelan, CA
Sorry Lucy i know how you feel but your not to fat your just fluffie and you will soon be ridding your bike
Betsy Y.
on 8/13/04 4:21 pm - Carrollton, TX
Hi everyone. This is my first time to post on the website. Of course I sought out the Harley-Davidson message board first. My husband and I both have matching Dyna Wide Glides. I have ridden for 30 years, the last ten on Harley's. Lucy I'd like to say to you...you're never too large to ride girlfriend. Riding is the one place I feel totally free. I've never felt judged on my bike. Afterall we are women hear us roar. I don't know if it's a certain attitude that comes along with throwing that leg over that grand machine or what. Don't let the weight keep you from enjoying your passion. The bike doesn't know how much you weigh just like it doesn't know if you are male or female. It just responds to your touch. Get out there and enjoy the wind in your hair and on your face. It's the best therapy money can buy. I find it very empowering and feel as if I can tackle the world when I get off of it. I hope you feel the same. I've just started my journey with WLS. My consultation was last week and things are moving along rapidly with my PCP sending me to have my echocardiogram today. I do have a burning question that only my fellow Harley riders can answer. What is the expected surgery recovery time to be able to ride again? While this is well worth the down time, I do have to dream of when I'll be riding again. Can anyone
G A
on 8/31/04 1:39 pm - Crescent City, CA
Betsy, It's best to check what your surgeon's protocol is for when you can ride after surgery. I asked mine at my first post op follow-up which was less than a week after surgery and was told to give it another week, so in less than two weeks I was bombing around town on short rides. I got tired quickly for about the first month after surgery so gradually worked up to longer runs. I am 3 1/2 months out now and take 500-600 mile weekend trips. One other thing, now that I've lost almost 100 pounds, my Heritage feels like it has so much more power, like it's been bored, rebuilt and had a hot cam installed in since it doesn't have to lug all that extra weight around now. For that matter, I feel the same way but I actually had a rebuild! Glenn Lap RNY Dr. Felix 5-12-04 422/325/180
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 431 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 513 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 441 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 503 views