Just wanted to say Hi

Angela S.
on 5/11/05 8:11 am - Lansing, MI
a friend shoo'd me over to this site due to I have alot of questions when it comes to surgery. Battling depression alot due to my weight. I refuse to ride the harley with the husband anymore due to my weight gain . Really am considering to check into the surgery...want to be able to ride again and feel good and not like I am heavier than the scoot. I guess one question is does it really work? Been begging my doc and she says we'll discuss it. Just tried every diet out there and due to health probs the weight won't come off..just want something to work for once. Angie
gmb0899
on 5/15/05 4:29 am
Hello Angela, If you have a lot of questions and need support, I suggest you vist the Main Message board or your State message board. I am sorry to hear that you are battling depression. I thought I would never be on a bike again. Since surgery, I have bought a Harley and ride on the back of my hubby's. It is such a great feeling. I know you want to feel good again. The surgery is a tool. It is not a cure. If you have the surgery you will never be able to pig out again. But you really have to watch what, how muchyou eat and learn portion control. Please do the research and talk to others who have had the surgery. Before deciding if the WLS is right for you. Now matter what you decide, you must start taking care of yourself by cutting out junk food, drinking lots of water, taking vitamins and exercising (even if all you can do is walk or do chair execises). Wishing you the best of luck in your WLS journey Hugs, Margaret D
Angela S.
on 5/16/05 2:54 am - Lansing, MI
Hi Margaret..thx for the reply. I wish eating was my problem. Like right now got done eating a 7 grain bread turkey sandwich for lunch. I know the surgery isn't a cure all for my depression ;) I also have severe acid reflux disease and yes plan on asking what the surgery would do concerning that. My weight loss I feel isn't from eating but not eating enough. So wouldn't miss food that much. I'm hoping also to have the surgery to help me get this weight off due to arthritis in feet also...feel the weight does not help. My main concern is I get scar tissue easily. I love riding the harley and husband is building a second one. We have a 73 XLCH and he's rebuilding a 65 Electraglide from the chassis up.
Sandra T. RN
on 5/17/05 11:47 pm - TX
I truelly understand how you feel, I've been battling the same thoughts about riding with hubby. BUT we went riding the last 2 days, it felt great. I told him by next year he wouldn't have this big cushion to lean on. Good luck with your demons
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 431 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 513 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 441 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 503 views