5 Day Pouch Test - Back on Track

Katme
on 10/18/10 11:37 pm
Hi, all.  I have been struggling and have been off track for a while.  Eating the wrong things, and too much, and gaining weight back.  Since September, I have been making some progress with working out, and I"m very happy about that. 

I am right now on Day 4 of the 5 Day Pouch test, and I am really glad I did it.  Someone on our Minnesota message board wanted others to do it with her, and so 3 of us are doing it together.  The first two days (liquids) were hard, but Day 3 (soft protien) wasn't bad.  I think the goal of this pouch test is to get your pouch working again, feeling more restricted, and to get a person back in the mindset of what they should be eating.  And it is doing that for me.  I'm feeling more positive, my pouch feels more restricted, and I'm more motivated to get back to basics and do what I should be doing.  And I'm really grateful that there were others doing it with me - I don't know if I would have done it by myself. 

I'm not necessarily recommending the pouch test to others, as everyone needs to make their own decision based on their own situation, but it has been good for me.  And I'm feeling more positive.  Just thought I'd share!

Kathy
beddierubble
on 10/22/10 7:26 pm - inyokern, CA
i just   read ur  messger on here and im  struggle  bad on     mine weight  im stuck at  179  to 180  wow it  goes up  and  done  make me  mad   im  not sure  if im loseing   at all  im a  size  16   and i want to go down more then  that  i want to go  more  donw on  mine weight i want to do  the pouch  test     but  gusess im  scared  i hate  the  liquids  and  all  so   im scared to  do it  i weight 262     now im between  180   179  i had mine  surgry  nov 3 2009  and   all   this  coming nov 3  it will be a year  for me  since  i had it  i was  hoping to lose 100   on nov  but no luck there im eat  wrong  things   at time too  it hard    how long  did it  take u  to lose   what u need to  do  lose and all
Katme
on 10/24/10 11:22 pm
Hi.  Just so you know, I posted this somewhere else, and someone replied and said that the 5 day pouch test is not appropriate for anyone who's close to or less than a year out.  I'm not sure if that's true or not - I'd say it's a good idea to ask your doctor. 

My main thing has been eating the wrong foods, snacking, and just not following the "rules".  Now I feel like I"m more on track again with those things, and with exercise, and that is making all the difference.  I had my surgery in November 2005, and I think I lost most of my weight, 100+, in about a year.  But everyone is different.  For me, getting back to the basics is working.  It's hard, though! 

Good luck to us both getting back on track!!
helpmejesus
on 11/3/10 2:18 am
Hi, I had my surgery at the end of April 2010 and I'm not at goal yet and have 35 lbs left to lose. I have been stuck at the same weight for 5 weeks though and it gets discouraging.

What exactly is the 'pouch test' and what does it accomplish physically? 

Thanks!
Katme
on 11/3/10 6:10 am
If you search for "5 Day Pouch Test" on-line, you will find it, and it will explain what they think its for and what it will do.  I would definately talk to your doctor before doing anything like that, thought, since you are not that far out from your surgery date.  You do not want to do anything that could be not-good for you.  You are probably just on one of those nasty plateaus, that just have to pass...I know that doesn't make them any easier to bear! 

I hope the scale moves for you soon!

Kathy
helpmejesus
on 11/3/10 7:18 am
Kathy, thanks for the info. I agree with you and wouldn't do anything without checking with my surgeon. I did google it but only see where you can buy the book. Did you actually see the 'plan' on line?
Katme
on 11/3/10 7:29 am

Yes, I did find the plan online.  It's at  http://5daypouchtest.com/

Good luck getting off your plateau!

Kathy

kendra-love
on 11/30/10 1:50 am - boston, MA
Hey Kathy i want to do the pouch test with you
Most Active