Percentage of calories?

rbadar
on 11/3/10 8:51 pm
REALIZE Band on 02/15/10 with
Does anyone know what the percentage of calories should be for protien, carbs and fat?
My health tracker report shows my foods to be all over the place......
Ill take this one day at a time!!!!!    
OnceARunner
on 11/6/10 4:21 am - Woodbridge, CT
What percentages are you aiming for?  I calculate my own macronutrient ratios/calories; the formulas are:

% Carbs = (4 x #of grams of carbs) divided by total calories; then multiply by 100 to get % of carbs.

% Protein = (4 x #of grams of proteins) divided by total calories; then multiply by 100 to get % of protein.

% Fat = (9 x #of grams of fat) divided by total calories; then multiply by 100 to get % of fat.
rbadar
on 11/7/10 7:51 am
REALIZE Band on 02/15/10 with
I wanted to know what I should be eating......like should I be eating 30% protein/30%fat/40%carbs of daily calories for weight loss?   I know that Atkins is low carb.......like 10% or something like that...........
Ill take this one day at a time!!!!!    
OnceARunner
on 11/7/10 8:08 am - Woodbridge, CT
Sorry!  Didn't know if you wanted advice in general about what macros your should be aiming for or needed the formulas.  Re: macros in general; I've copied from another post of mine on this topic:

I have researched diet/nutrition for years, and optimal macronutrient breakdown (i.e. %'s of carbs, fats, & protein), for fat/weight loss, is always a much debated topic.  However, generally speaking, (while there are always exceptions!), from the much research I've done, including working with National/International level trainers and nutritionists, the low-carb diet (i.e. 25% MAXIMUM intake of carbs) is best.  With that being said, this book, Ultimate Diet Secrets (available for free here) - http://spider.noxis.net/pub/fit/Dr.Ebook.pdf - was one of the most amazing and informative works I've ever read about diet/nutrition.

***Do not let the length scare you!  I originally hesitated from starting to read this book due to the length, but some of the advice/tips are priceless!***

After reading the book, I also contacted Dr. Greg Ellis and had a few consults with him; he is truly amazing!

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Most Active