diet pills

pajames
on 1/4/11 4:05 am - Keller, TX
VSG on 10/08/09 with
Has anyone tried diet pills for curbing hunger? Like phentermine? Just wondering if that is an option.
  HW 254   SW 245  CW 161.5  GW 140      

LilyFlower79
on 1/27/11 5:14 am - CO

I have used diet pills, however it can be dangerous with the surgery so I would not recommend this option.

gannmarie
on 4/5/11 10:58 pm - Coppell, TX
Hi, yes, I just stopped taking phentermine diet pills after my WLS.  Since they were the only choice out there the last twenty years I relied on them before WLS too.  Yes I know there is always exercise and diet....  If your like me I was a working mom, now a working, babysitting grandma (58).  Wasn't enough of my energy left over for exercise.  It was different taking the pills after WLS, but the doctor did let me have them for six months.  I found I couldn't take much of the pill daily.  About a quarter was all that I could stand.  Made me jittery and uped my heart rate so that I couldn't talk straight, this only lasted about an hour then I calmed down.  I had more energy (exercised a little more) my appetite did go down, over all I lost about six pounds which looked great for my daughter's wedding.  Then I couldn't get anymore and my appetite went right back to hearty and I've gained the six pounds back in about three months.  I'm currently looking for an exercise solution to try. 
ClarkDylan
on 2/8/11 4:35 am
I would not use diet pills. I've had friends who've tried them and the pills definitely did not work. They're typically unsafe and the only way I've found to curb hunger is by eating foods that make you feel full like eggs or a salad.
Most Active