having eating trouble again

SCsantaclaus
on 1/14/11 1:50 pm - Fort Mill, SC
I had my surgery on August 9th 2005, lost 200 ibs. went from 437 to 237. now back up to 265 +-   Going through divorce and starting to wat to sooth again. I need to get into a support group, As I am new to the area I need some help finding one. They say admitting you have a problem is the first step. ok, i took the first step!!!!! 
CJ Skinner
AliciaDDG
on 1/17/11 2:50 am
Sorry to hear that. I think that food is a life long problem for us. After all, unlike people who drink or use drugs, we still have to eat.

SCsantaclaus
on 1/17/11 12:05 pm - Fort Mill, SC
Is there a suppot group in Rock Hill or Fort Mill?
CJ Skinner
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 12:21 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
You may want to contact your local Mental Health Dept?  They may be able to help you. 
Laureen S.
on 3/31/11 5:40 am - Maple Shade, NJ
CJ,

You are not alone, there are so many of us who are 2-1/2+ post-op struggling with the old bad habits we had that brought us to this place to begin with, I just posted something today on the forum I participate in regularly in the form of feelings and how it relates to our eating and I will be posting it daily because I have been reading a lot of similar experiences of people beyond the "honeymoon period" of this process who are regaining weight, it starts with 20 or 30 lbs and very recently an online friend of mine admitted to total regain, which is what I fear more than anything, yet when it comes to using food as comfort or when I am bored, I am guilty and as my ticker shows I am up 25 lbs. from my lowest point, as I set 150 for my goal by only got down to 156, which when I was 2+ years out, I bounced back to 165 and can say I was totally content with how I felt and looked at that weight, but now for the past 6 months I've been making wrong choices, not getting to the gym and here I am 15 lbs. higher than I want to be, clothes tight, not feeling good and so I have made a decision to weigh, measure and choose what I eat, to via posting on the forum I regularly post to, honestly whatever is going on with me, being will to take advice or at least be open to what others have to say and am hoping that because there are many like me (us) that people will gain strength in knowledge we are not alone on this journey.  The surgeons did their part, the rest is up to us, I WILL NOT FAIL. . .  Yes, you took the first step, now be open to the idea of doing what you know works. . .  btw, I participate on the over fifty forum, as in people age 50 and over who've had this surgery. . .

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

nfarris79
on 2/21/11 9:01 am - Germantown, MD
 Contact your surgeon/nutritionist and they will likely have a list in your area of support groups. Also, asking around on the forum for your state (under forum home, state specific), there may be people exactly in your town or area who have the inside scoop about support groups. If that doesn't work, individual treatment is always a good thing - but I'm a little biased, being a therapist myself! 
Take care & good luck!!
Most Active