Eating Disorders and Body Image and a Confession too

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 12:16 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
Hello all! Currently I'm taking a 12 week program at a local Womens Health Clinic here in Winnipeg.  So far it's going great for me.  I was very depressed when I found out that I was currently not a wls candidate due to my eating issues which I was very up front about.  I realize that this decision to continue with this program is very wise advise.  I would suggest that if you have issues surrounding food PLEASE get help for it, or else it may come back to haunt you later. If you already had wls and having issues surrounding food and are preoccupied by it, seek help.  The first step is to acknowledge your eating issues. 

My focus now is on my eating issues and looking at others ways to deal with anything that causes me to complusively eat. We have to learn new and positive behaviors for dealing with stressors in our daily life.  For example; I love to knit or crochet and it distracts me from eating. 

My weakness is ordering out.  I absolutely love fried chicken and I have been ordering it the last month about 2 to 3 times a week!! I could polish off a 10 pc order with fries in one night.  I was down when I got back from the wls clinic but I added to it by eating out all the time. It also hurt me financially too.  I have a freezer full of meals that I made and instead I ordered out. Last week I decided to speak to one of the counsellors and I have been feeling better and I have not ordered out once this past week.!!!

Thank you

Linda
Michelle_2975
on 5/13/11 1:17 am - Canada
Hi Linda, How did the 12 week program go?

I hear you about the chicken. I ate Dominos like mad. Eating a large hawaiian was nothing.

I hope that things are well for you.
Most Active