Opinions needed on Nectar Protein!!

Melissa D.
on 1/26/11 2:21 pm
Since my RNY, almost 2 years ago, I've yet to find protein shakes/powders that are ACTUALLY EDIBLE!! 

I just learned of this Nectar Protein from Syntrax. I've begun to fall off track with my eating and exercise, The chocolate one sounds amazing from the reviews I've seen.

I've been obsessed with mocha madness iced coffee from Honey Dew Donuts.  I'd like to omit the calories and minimal protein from the chocolate milk, and possibly use Nectar's chocolate instead?? That, my friends, will make Melissa a very happy girl!!

I have fallen off course, stopped weighing and measuring, and I never count my protein intake. I need to get back on track............NOW!! So, I hope to hear what you all think of Nectar, and you'll be seeing A LOT more of me on here!! I believe, that if I come on each day, instead of just a few times here and there, I'll hopefully become a staple and you all can keep me in check! 

jenysez1
on 3/18/11 2:47 pm - LA
Last week I posted a link I saw to get 13 samples of all the nectar flavors for just $13 including shipping. I received mine a few days ago and need to try them out. Search on the main forum and nutrients forum or do a search above for nectar samples in past post. You can call they may still be running the offer.

Jenny

Ps. I noticed the directions state mix with 4 oz of water and my guidelines from my dr says to mix with 8 oz this might make it less sweet.
Savage_Beast
on 3/30/11 12:37 pm
Hi Melissa,
I am only 10 days post-op from my RNY but I've the same trouble finding a protein drink I can stomach. My surgeon insists Unjury is the way to go but I can't stand the taste- so I don't drink it
:(
My bariatric buddy at work recommended Nectar and game me some Fuzzy Navel flavor- it wasn't bad! I went ahead and ordered the Crystal Sky flavor (fruit punch) and am waiting for it to arrive...

I haven't tried the non-fruit flavors but I'm very curious to know what you think about them! I know I need to get more protein so I'm hoping this is the brand that works!
nfarris79
on 2/21/11 8:55 am - Germantown, MD
 I tried the Syntrax Nectar Protein in Strawberry flavor and found it WAY too sweet - and I'm pre-op! I actually like Isopure readymade in Icy Orange - jus****er it down & it's not too strong. Also got a gigantic bag of whey protein blend from Costco - was in chocolate flavor with an 80/20 mix of concentrated whey and whey isolate proteins and it mixes really well, tastes pretty good, not grainy like Bariatric Advantage, and at 70+ servings in a bag, a pretty good value. Hope this opinion helps!
Most Active