Needing a little help getting back on track!

jackie L.
on 2/2/11 1:20 pm - quitman, AR
Hi. I had gastric bypass in january of 09`. My starting weight was 412, and I am currently at 246. I have had pretty good results, but i still need to lose another 70 lbs. I am thinking about weigh****chers, and was curious if anyone has tried it a few years out of surgery. Thanks for any input.
God never promised it would be easy, but he did promise it would be worth it.
on 2/7/11 5:39 pm - south dartmouth, MA
good morning i had my surgery 10/6/2006 lost 120lbs but in the past year i have gained back 20lbs my dr said that is normal but i want to loose at least 10lbs i was thinking about going back to weigh****chers but i am gonna try going back to basic protein 1st i know that my support group is now starting a back on track program it is a 6week program you should ask your dr about it good luck i and you can do it.
ALMOST there !.
on 2/19/11 1:18 am - MI
I have messed up a little the past few months - I have lost my way on my eating habits, my exercise, and my sleep schedule. Gained 25# and I am so disappointed in myself, after all the difficulty I had to get approved for the surgery and all. I have signed up for my surgeons, Back to Basics Boot Camp in March and hope to get back to where I was a few months ago. My surgeon won't approve me for plastics until I lose about 40# and maintain it.....grrrr I hate this.
Ads by GoogleAds by Google
sexyshoediva
on 3/18/11 8:16 am - OH
sexyshoediva
on 3/18/11 8:18 am, edited 3/18/11 8:19 am - OH
cdnrobin, Post a message asking people who are struggling if they want to start a forum or group to support each other for 6 weeks and see if you get any response. There may be lots of people who want help, but don't know what to do.
Jasmine D.
on 3/19/11 8:34 am - Sydney, Australia

I think there are a number of us that would like to get involved in a back-on-track program but there doesn't seem to be anything web-based?  I had RNY in June 2003.  I lost 125lbs but have gained back 35.  I had my surgery in Chicago, where I was living at the time, and had follow-up appts for 2 years.  I have since relocated back to Australia, where I'm from, and there is literally NO support over here.  There are only a handful of drs that do the surgery and zero dieticians that are up-to-speed with our WLS needs.  So Im stuck - I would love something web-based, could we reach out to someone to start it?

aml711
on 3/26/11 1:29 pm - Erie, PA
I would be interested in a "back on track" forum.  I lost about 150lbs and have gained 40lbs within the last year.  i can't seem to get control and don't even know where to start.  I joined weigh****chers, love the program however I seem to be falling off of that as well.  I lost 13lbs and gained it back.  It is so frustrating.  I think I am dealing with some depression and can't seem to snap out of it!  Of course gaining weight isn't helping!

Annette
318 - highest
308 - preop
165 - goal

rita1952
on 4/10/11 6:15 am - Sullivan, MO
I would also love to learn about a back on track program.  I live over an hour away from the hospital I had surgery at in Nov 2009.. they hold most of their support group meeting during my working hours.  Plus the hospital is located in an unsafe area and there is no way Im going there by myself at night.  No...Im not making excuses.  I WOULD go if something was available.  Ive asked the few wls patients I know of around here if they would like to attend a support grouip locally...I would take charge.  No one seems to be interested and believe, me...they all need to as they are also gaining weight back.

Online would be perfect!
ClarkDylan
on 4/22/11 7:02 am
 I bought this book recently and it has done wonders for me! There's an Amazon promotion right now and I would highly suggest checking it out:  http://www.thefullbook.com/amazonpromotion.html
susan-k
on 4/27/11 11:41 am
I agree with everyone!! I am having trouble too and would LOVE a group to join to get back on track.
  wannabehealthy         
Most Active