loose stools while sleeping! post banding

shrinkingdaisy
on 2/24/11 2:56 pm - MA
  Does anyone have any idea what to do about all this horrible flatulence and/or loose stools that sometimes come on so fast you do NOT make it to bathroom? Sometimes even happens in sleep. Sorry for the unsavory topic, but I am at wits end.... only 2 weeks post banding. thank you,  shrinking Daisy 
IlanaBenMa
on 3/1/11 12:50 pm - Dayton, NJ
In terms of practicality, put some towels over your sheets.  In terms of the loose stools, what are you eating?  Have you checked with your surgeon?
shrinkingdaisy
on 3/2/11 6:52 am - MA
Hi, yes, embarassingly enough, I have done the towel thing.  That only happened twice, at one week post op.  My surgeon said "It's nothing that we did to you, that's not a side effect of lap banding"  and advised me to call my GI doc, because I have chronic pancreatic problems ( ducts don't open and shut properly, so I have chronic pancreatitis)  This did not happen before the banding, so Hmmmm......   I was still on protein shakes when I wrote that post, and I have now cut out all sugar alcohols ( maltilol, sorbitol, erythritol, etc) but it only helped for a day!  I am still on protein shakes and soft solids, but I did not tolerate the first soft solid, an egg white omelet ( a little one) eaten slowly.  Too much pain, too hard to break down eggs for me.  One large egg white only has 4.7 g of protein each, wish they had told me that!  Thanks for responding, I have no idea what to do but wait it out and see if the bowel calms down from the surgery.  Today is only day 22.  
sfnativewm
on 3/6/11 10:17 am
I feel for you.  a lot of bandsters cannot do eggs.  Also I for one cannot do all the liquids or The big Diarrhea hits hard and I cannot leave the house.  At this point try something else.  oatmeal helps, and also I found that Wendy's chili put in a blender helped too!  I cannot do just liquids.  Try cottage cheese, non fat but add a tblspoon of sugar free jam or jelly.  Ground chicken with lowfat mayo etc, but slow eating etc.  Good luck to you!  Also post on the band board for better suggestions!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Most Active