Need liq. diet info.

Whitney J.
on 3/8/11 2:39 am - CA
 Hi, I've been advised by other members to try a liq diet for quick weight loss. I have my pre op appt on Thurs and need to loose 4 lbs. before then. I'm taking a water pill and mirralax and going to do a liq. diet. I've looked around this sight but not found much as well as a google search. I'm hoping to get info. from other members since most have first hand experience with liq dieting. I will continue to search around this site a little more. Thanks in advance.
phancy58
on 3/9/11 1:49 pm
Hello,
I had to do the liquid diet for about 2 weeks before my band. Broth/jello...etc.  There is a protein drink I purchased online before I had the surgery.  Go to      Unjury.com   I really like the vanilla & mix it with skim milk.  You only use 1 scoop and it has a lot of protein in it- hope you like :)

good luck,
Cheryl M. from Missouri
Whitney J.
on 3/9/11 2:16 pm - CA
 Thank you. I just heard about Unjury last night from a friend at a support group I attended. Must be good because several people had the same opinion of it. Can you purchase it at any store or just online?
ajalew
on 3/28/11 12:45 am, edited 3/28/11 12:52 am - Sanford, MI
I don't know if you still need this info or not but the best supplement I've found (I'm on a liquid/puree diet for three months) is Rainbow Lights Protein Energizer.  It doesn't have all the additives that some protein powders have that can eventually build up in your system and give you problems.  They have multiple flavors.  I like vanilla for making with a fruit smoothie.  :)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=rainbow+light+protein+powder+vanilla&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4174278605159967087&sa=X&ei=mJ6QTfjjEOOx0QGQueygCw&ved=0CFkQ8wIwBA#

Another good one that's easy to find is Alive protein powder.  Its been than regular protein powder because it has a bunch of added fruits, veggies, minerals, etc.  Its not something you'd want to eat several times a day but it's a good supplement.

Most Active