feeling stupid

Kristi N.
on 5/25/11 11:14 pm - NC
Hi Everyone. I'm new to OH and pre-op about 2 months. I have been trying very hard to "be good" with my food options and make positive choices. That being said, I have been staying away from sweets. This morning, one of our vendors came into the office with a warm fresh box of dounts from the new Dunkin Donuts in our neighborhood. Thought I would make a "smart decision" and selected a plain cake donut. WRONG!  As soon as I ate it, I felt the dumping syndrome and when screaming into the bathroom! Now my stomach is cramping and I'm feeling light-headed.

I am so upset with myself for not leaving them well enough alone. I should have had better sense  Not much anybody can do, but I needed to share with people who understand.
HW 244lbs SW 232lbs CW 148lbs GW 125-130lbs                     
Doris Cervenka
on 6/19/11 11:28 am - Ganado, TX
      All I can say it looks like you learned your lesson. some you just got to learn by experi ence.

I wish I could say the same thing.  I was told this week to start solid food.  It been three week after surgery and it has been horrible. 
     I though new what to eat and how to eat.  Their is no Rhyme or reason to somethings why they will not go down.  Even the softs things hurt going down after all the chewing in the world from the first bite.  They just sit there hurting   Why other things you think will never go down smoothy go down and without a problem.

I bean soup no beans just soup today.  Been eat  lots of soup without a problem since surgery. But, I threw and spit up for three hours.  Actually starting to feeling better now.  But,  Never again. 

The crazy thing is I  ate four French fry,s  at Sea World and one bite of hamburger with chesse without a problem from my sister plate. Was fine eat it with out a problem.  I guess you just have to learn what works for you.
   But, In three weeks,  I have lose 25 pounds to me that is a Miracle.

HW 390
SW 340
My weight 3 weeks after surgery 315 pounds.

Another thing , Smooth Yogurt make me sick after one bite and seem to get stuck.  I always loved Yogurt. But , I am afraid to eat it now.  Never thought I would be afraid of eating.

Thought small bites of mushed soft scambled eggs will not go down easy.  My sister made them special for the first day for me. Tried them would not go down.   Tried them again a two day latter they again still would go down. Still don,t know how I am going to get all my potein down.
HedgeCat
on 2/26/12 9:48 am - LA
I have trouble with eggs too. although scrambled eggs are easier to eat than boiled eggs and nuts dont go down too easy either?
petiteposies
on 7/27/11 12:36 pm - FL
dumping.....?
pre-op...?   hmmmmm, thot that only happened after surgery, you are getting a head start...you may not experience dumping nowpost-op, you have already learned that lesson....!
Hang loose, honey, we will go thru this together...I am still waiting for my big day with my darlin' doc. ...Sam
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/11 6:32 am - Charlotte, NC
I will assume you meant post-op On that note, I can't imagine eating a dount a couple weeks post op not to mention right now and I'm one and a half years out. I am not trying to make you feel bad...I am just shocked. I have never experienced the dumping and I hope I never have to. Hopefully you dealing with that will help you make better choices. Don't beat yourself up about it! We all make mistakes....the most important thing is what we take from them and the lessons we learn. Good luck to you! *Hugs*

Sara
Kristi N.
on 8/24/11 9:13 am - NC
No, I actually meant PRE-OP. I had made a conscious decision to reduce or eliminate simple carbs from my diet well ahead of my surgery. I gave up breads, pastas, rice, potatoes...anything white and definitely sugary. I am following my dr's & nut's directives and eating as prescribed. My only problem a month post-op is trying to remember to eat and getting all my protein in.

Thanks for the advice. After not having simple carbs for so long, I am not in any hurry to reintroduce them. I'm better off.

:)
Kristi
HW 244lbs SW 232lbs CW 148lbs GW 125-130lbs                     
Carla M.
on 1/6/12 1:36 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with

Okay, so now I'm confused. You are pre-op? or post-op? Did your dumping happen pre-op? If it happened pre-op, it wasn't dumping. It might have made your stomach upset, but it's not truly "dumping".

If you are post-op. Yeah, it was probably dumping. Those sugars are still there, even in the cake donuts. It might've even just been that you ate too many carbs. I've dumped several times...even on things that I really shouldn't have. It sucks! I guess I'm glad that you learned early out.

Good luck with everything!

Most Active