Dealing with 'monthly' cravings!

Chelsea M.
on 6/12/11 3:30 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to OH and have been researching WLS for several months now. I've been trying to pay attention to how I eat, when I know I'm not eating right and how I can counteract these issues after WLS. I've noticed that I have the hardest time resisting temptations of chocolate and carbs, etc... right before I have my period! Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, can you offer some advice on how to stop the cravings or substitute something healthier for the junk food? Thank you!

If life seems absurd, what you need is some laughter!
                                                                       --Bright Eyes
aspan
on 7/13/11 4:07 pm
I am totally with you! I have really bad PMS and that hasn't changed since surgery..what has changed, however, is I can no longer eat very much sweets because if I do I will dump..I find that the only time I am hungry, ever, since the surgery is the two days before my period..otherwise I am never hungry..and nothing satisfies the hunger..so I just eat according to my plan and unfortunately have to suffer being hungry during those two days...sorry thats probably not what you wanted to hear but that is how it has been for me!!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
Lisa R.
on 7/16/11 9:43 pm - CA
 Oh, ditto!  It is just horrible and it drives me nuts!  The head hunger that comes with TOM.  I too thought the surgery would solve the munchies before TOM but it does little to nothing to help since they are associated more with the mind then the body. 

During those few days I have horrible cravings that I can do nothing about but suffer through it and then when my period does finally arrive I can hardly eat at all for almost a week.  

The only difference now then pre op is that now I never give in to the craving, where pre op it was big excuse to just eat what I was craving.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
CandyLZ
on 8/8/11 12:05 am
In general, I think my cravings are slightly less- but I do have to recc this product- Adora Calcium Dark Chocolate
- I take 2 a day for my calcium, they have only 2mg osf sugar each, never dump form them and they really relieve my sweets cravings...while getting me the calcium I am supposed to get.
Hope this helps
Most Active