Having trouble swallowing even the softest meats. Does it ever get better.

Doris Cervenka
on 6/15/11 9:31 am, edited 6/15/11 9:41 am - Ganado, TX
       Trouble swollowing even the softest of meats.  I am only four weeks out. My surgeon told me to try solids foods.    Does it even get better.  Start with finlly chopped scamble egg. The second I swallow after chewing and chewing till it is  almost nothing. It still does not want to go down.  I can,t get down more than one bite when it comes to poteins. Without getting sick or dizzy.
       Just wondering will it ever get better.
Most soups and creams go down good. No problems with drinking water.  How long did it take before chewed solid foods would go down.  I know every body is different.  But, A friend told me.  That  knows a lady who still eats baby food 3 years after surgery.
  I don,t want to strech my stomach.  but, I don,t want that to be me either.
 I am not stipid I know things will never be the same again.  But, How long did it take most of  you before you could start getting down meats and  poteins down without getting sick every time.  Months or years.

geeg17
on 8/27/11 4:04 pm
 I am a little over 2 months out and I will have problems.  In fact, I was told that at this point people are eating pork tenderloin...  I went right out and bought one.  It was delicious and moist.  Within 15 minutes, it came back up.  

I can eat soup, turkey chili, and anything prior to solids.  I've done Ok with a couple protein bars, but at this point I think I'm supposed to be getting a decent amount of protein from food, but I can't eat meat yet.  I'm sick of chili.  

I keep trying though.

Any suggestions.
Most Active