pickles please help

hollygurl
on 8/4/11 3:52 am - landing, NJ
I'm on liquid dt pre-op12 more days.Very very hungry haven't cheated yet but I am considering it.my favorite snack is vlasic stackers zesty garlic pickles zero calories also zero protein &fat.So i want to cheat with them. My nutritionist says no. Right now 1 protein shake, lots of jello,crystal light &broth.  Please help me decide what to do. Any help would be helpful I'm a newbie.thank you
christi R.
on 10/8/11 8:21 am - OH
 As much as you want to. I wouldn't. They are high in sodium and once you have WLS you can't eat pickles anymore either. So you may as well mourn them now, even though they are a healthy alternative. 
What the mind believes, the body can achieve
10/04/2011~ The first day of the rest of my life.....

Carla M.
on 1/5/12 11:54 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with

Once you have surgery you can't have pickles? I've had pickles since my surgery. Noone ever told me I couldn't. Is there a reason for not being able to have them...other than sodium. I lived on pickles as part of my snacks for over a month. I guess I'm just curious.

Lisa H.
on 4/9/12 9:31 am - Canada
VSG on 03/28/12
Im curious too about the pickles. Im 12 days out and had one! Felt fine.
Relic_Goddess
on 6/1/12 6:02 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 03/13/12
 I was told I could have them in the soft veggie stage BUT and it was a very important but, I had to peel or avoid the skin because it doesn't break down very well. 
Most Active