trouble when i eat

lucybarreto
on 8/28/11 11:35 pm
Hi everyone, hope you all doing alright,  I had surgery in Nov of 09 and I still having trouble when i eat the food feels like it gets stuck when entering my pouch, is there anyone else out there with the same problem. Please let me know what you have done fior it.
Kathy E.
on 10/11/11 2:14 am - Oneida, NY
I haven't experienced this but a friend of mine had something similar.  She told her dr and it turned out to be a build up of scar tissue and it had to be removed.  She's much better now.  Have you spoken to your dr?
glitzigirl
on 2/2/12 12:50 am - Teaneck, NJ
I am 3 years post-op and food still gets stuck. The Dr. says it is because I am eating too much, even though I don't think I am. I have maintained my weight loss. Also, he encouraged me to drink when I eat (I know normally this is a BIG no-no, but food gets stuck a couple of times a week). That does help somewhat. Also, at least 90% of the time when I have to "bring food up" (aka - barf) I see that I did not chew all the food well enough and it was the big pieces of food that got stuck. :(. You would think that I would have mastered this by now, but sadly I have not. I feel your pain.....
Most Active