protien stuff in makeing me sick!!!

kristinamariejudy
on 10/22/11 6:19 pm - camden pt , MO
help im on my pre opp liquid diest and ive tryed powders and shakes and all sorts of different protien stuff and even the smell makes me want to puke!! the texture is awfull and im stuck nasuated and ill all day !
arlyn613
on 10/24/11 8:12 pm, edited 10/24/11 8:14 pm - GA
 I understand the feeling. I am two weeks post op and the liquid phase was very hard for me. I have tried several different brands,shakes and powders..everyone says to keep trying til you find one you can tolerate. My doctor told me it's not the most ideal,but I drank Carnation Breakfast Essentials (sugar free) a lot during the liquid phase because I was not tolerating the others well and wasn't getting my protein in. He said basically that some was better than none. It has gotten a little easier I have looked up a lot of shake recipes that have fruit blended in to make it taste better. Don't give up..one lady on here recommended setting out a scoop of powder and add a pinch here and there in whatever your drinking or to some pudding and by the end of the day you should have a serving done.  I was also told that surgery can change your taste buds,what you may like now..you may not after surgery and to try them in different drinks. You may like some with water,but not milk and vice versa. I also have read a lot on here that if you add a powder to a hot liquid, to mix it first with a little water to kind of make a paste to keep it from clumping..that helped me to know that. Anyway,I am still searching for that protein I like too! I read one guys post who said it took him 8 mos! I have already learned I will only try samples of something first before buying a big container because I have wasted money already and I won't continue to do that. I'm going to try to stop in at a GNC today..I have been told they have a lot of samples and have a good return policy if you do buy something you don't like. Good Luck!
 Life is too short to take things for granted..LOVE deeply, LIVE fully and be THANKFUL..but above all put your FAITH in GOD  Love to all,Arlyn♥    
maryaberry62
on 1/1/12 1:54 am
 I feel the same way, I'm 6 weeks post surgery I have tried all kinds of protiens and yuck! I find that the Isopure is one I can tolerate is the ready to drink in a bottle but is a ltlle pricy it has 40 grams per bottle. I found that if I mised with water it was okay. Another one I found was called Unjury it can only be order on line they have a strawberry srobet that is really really good, also a cheese sauce mix that is really good too both have 20 grams per serving. hope this helps and good luck
kristinamariejudy
on 1/4/12 5:27 am - camden pt , MO
thank u i will try isopure. i have found the unjury and like it also the first monthand a half was so hard im finally free from constant dry heaving and can hold most foods down . u just have to hang in a little longer. im 2 months post opp and lost 63 lbs so far! i hope u have great sucess. ps were do u find isopure?

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/13 4:44 am
I just had my surgery on may 7 2013 and I have had a very difficult time ever since trying to get my protein shakes in. I prepare them and as soon as I try and drink one I am bending over the toilet. I bought one at wal-mart strawberry and I have tried it with milk, water and juice. I cannot stomach these drinks. before surgery I used to drink these when I was on liquid diets to loose weight for years. Now I cannot get these drinks down. Is there any protein supplements we can take other than these drink mixes? I drink about two or three glasses of milk a day, eat one large egg a day, been getting chicken, turkey as well as cheese in my diet. I am open to any suggestions someone may have on this protein stuff. I have only lost 17/20 pounds so far. Seems many of you have done a lot better than me.
Most Active