hellooo out there .... I'm hungry!

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 3/16/12 6:10 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Hi, folks,

This forum looks pretty deserted, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I have lost and regained the same six pounds for a year and a half. Unfortunately, it's the six pounds that I have to lose and keep off so I can have surgery! 

I've had lots of therapy and nutritional counseling and have improved to the point where I can stay on my food plan for two or three days--but then I go crazy for four or five days. I exercise as much as I'm able. 

Will start back to Overeaters Anonymous this weekend. It's never helped in the past, but I'm out of ideas. One of the meetings is in the evening, which is crazy time for my food demon, so that might help.

If I can't stick to the protein drink + one light meal required by my surgeon and achieve the preop weight she's set for me, there's no hope. I might as well plan to stay in bed and have people bring me cheeseburgers until I die, which won't be too long now.

So all that to ask this: How do you stick to a diet????? 

angel6j6
on 4/11/12 9:38 pm
 IM HAAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS. I MET MY GOAL AND THEN THEN BAM! i GAINED 12 POUNDS. i'M SO MAD.
[email protected]
ProshopperLinda
on 4/22/12 1:06 pm - PA
  Don't think of it the way you are now...take it one day at a time. One meal at a time...we cause ourselves stress trying to "manage" it. Eat the way you're going to after the surgery. Eat 5 small meals a day (about 200 calories) a meal. The doctors will say "do this..." etc. but those of us that have lived it know the way to do it - meal by meal. Also, that way even if you fall off the wagon the next meal gives you the chance to get back on the program. Eat your protein FIRST and slowly! You should be taking at least 15 minutes to eat your smaller meals....then you have your vegeatables or fruit and LAST either your bread or starch items....I actually drink my protein shake in the early afternoon and that gets me through the hardest part of my day. I find with the low carb protein shakes I'm a lot less hungry. Good luck and don't hesitate to write me if you need help. I had my lapband and have lost 79 lbs. so far....and am still losing....Later - Linda 
STAROFEGYPT101
on 6/18/12 11:40 pm - NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
It is true meal by meal day by day, I have been really watchig what I am eating and am trying to loose about the 30 pounds I gained back, I lost my mom and dad with in two years, had a son also during that time and was just not my self couldn't eat right or exercise because my mind wasn't in it. I has lost 165lbs to begin with and want to loose this 30 I have regained. It is hard but, I have been being accountalbe with all food and excercise  and it has been such I mean such a help. I am down 10 pound in the last 2 weeks. I think revisoon in my opnion is so much and have told my self for the past 6 years since my surgey I am not going to make all my hard work and what I put my body through for nothing.
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 6/19/12 2:48 am, edited 6/19/12 2:49 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Thanks, all! The five tiny protein meals does work, both before and after surgery. I did finally get my RNY even though I didn't meet my surgeon's goal. She recognized that I had worked hard, seeing the psychologist, trying to stay on the food plan, and exercising. With WLS I'm able to do the work and follow the plan. I love it.

I went through a week or two of mindless eating about two months out, but I added another meal at night and, knock wood and the creek don't rise, it's under control now. Now it's about making good choices--just what we are supposed to do before surgery but can not do, no matter how we try. 

I'm looking forward to the twists and turns of this journey to health and normality.

StarofEgypt101, I'm sorry for your losses and glad for your new child. Big stresses are so distracting and they can make us stray. Best of luck to you!

Darlenefitz
on 6/29/12 12:58 am - NC
  Bless your hearts, i feel for you.... Im glad i didnt have to lose weight to have surgery.....It would havE been impossible without surgery....  i went from 362   to 135.......     It's been 6 years..... Im so hungry all the time.... Boy do i exercise.....exercise.... I cant gain... I dont want to be unhealthy AGAIN.
Most Active