REGAIN

wanttobthin
on 5/1/17 12:19 pm

I had RNY surgery August 2010. I lost 140lbs but in the last few years I have gained 51lbs. Yes, it is my fault because I drink with my meals, make some bad food choices, am addicted to carbs. I want to restart and get back down to my lowest weight of 145. I now weigh 196. I have gone from 290 to 145 the back up to 196. Any advise is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

brendalee253
on 7/12/17 8:04 pm - IA

How are you doing? I am dealing with this as well.

newsuzicue
on 7/18/17 9:59 am

I just logged back in to this site after being gone a few years and came across your post from May. I am battling regain as well and also need encouragement/support/ideas. If you see this, please respond. Maybe we can help each other.

HW253  SW222  CW153    

Wendy Kipp
on 2/26/18 10:44 am - MI

Hi, I haven't been on this site in a very long time, but have had some regain myself since starting some psychiatric medications a couple years ago. I have put on about 40 lbs of the 210 I lost. I started to research some options and found something called a "pouch reset". I decided to start this and maybe it would help you too. I am starting today, so I can't really say if it will work. But it sure is worth a try. Here is the link I found.

https://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-pouch-reset-losing-weight-after-weight-regain/

Most Active