Not following Doc's orders.

lilmisshomo
on 10/17/04 2:02 am - Swifton, AR
The first week out of the hospital - last week - was one of the hardest weeks of my life, and I spent most of my time in bed crying. It is hard enough for me to have to sip everything I drink, much less have to be on a clear liquid diet for two to three weeks. I was on it all throughout my stay in the hospital, and I maintained it here at home until about the middle of last week or so. I can't keep it up. It makes me feel like I'm not human or something...I want to be able to CHEW on something. So, I admit it...I have cheated a little bit. My mom and I have bought some sugar-free snacks and I've been eating those. Gummy bears and some light, fluffy cheese puffs are my fave things to eat. (Before ya get started on the cheese puffs, they're from Quaker's - 25=1 oz. and only 4.5 grams of fat.) I chew them until they're a mushy liquid, and then I swallow. I have to wonder if I'm messing up my pouch at all. Anyways, I was feeling guilty so I wanted to get it off my chest. Anyone else go through this?
lilmisshomo
on 10/17/04 2:30 am - Swifton, AR
Oh, btw...Watermelon is another one of my vices. It isn't really a solid food when most of it is water, is it?? :P (this is me, trying to make excuses so I can eat what I want...)
Branschneider
on 10/19/04 4:46 am - OH
Brandy~ I would tell you that the first 6 weeks will be the hardest in your entire life! Everyone thinks that you have the surgery and everything is fine....WRONG!! You still must deal with the food issues you had BEFORE surgery. I am almost a year out and I still deal with food issues and wanting more than my body can handle but I had the surgery (paid major for it) and I have had to slowly learn a healthier lifestyle. It's hard but you have to do or the surgery will not be successful. As far as hurting your pouch I doubt that you hae much but you need to be really careful and follow your surgeons protocol or you could do damage....a leak or an obstruction or something like that. Your pouch needs time to heal and to adjust to your new lifestyle. Good luck! Brandi
becky53916
on 10/20/04 7:48 am - Beaver Dam, WI
Don't beat yourself up, kiddo. I am the poster child for not following orders and I am just fine. I am post op 2 1/2 years and still am a pill. I don't do ANYTHING that I am supposed to. I am not telling you to continue to disobey, but don't feel bad for a slip up. Feel free to email me for more. Chins up, you'll be thin and beautiful in no time, cheese puffs or not! I was famous for Pringles and chicken noodle soup. And diet dew.
brandi A.
on 11/8/04 2:31 pm - staten island, ny
wow I am a Brandi also what are the odd's 3 Brandi ,y 's in one post............
Avalon J.
on 12/30/04 9:16 am - Santa Barbara, CA
RNY on 08/04/04 with
Hey Brandy ! How brave you are to even look at the problem, instead of hiding and keeping quiet. have you considered talking to your doctor? I'm sure they deal with this all the time. I am 5 months post op, from open RNY. just keep telling yourself that it's not forever. Really. I was scared to death, but I panicked alot, because I kept thinking "OMG, what have i done?" it seemed like I would never have a life again, because so much of the focus was on how slow I could sip, and what I had sipped, and how much I had sipped. It was horrible. I know exactly how you feel. What about chewing and not swallowing? I admit that I did that a few time when I wasn't supposed to (and your the first I admitted that to!) Keep up the good work, and keep TALKING about it...and do try your doctor................... Avalon
Most Active