Post op diets?!

artisticdork
on 10/21/04 5:00 am - brigantine, NJ
okay, i hear everyone on this site basically sayin that they have to go on this like clear liquid diet for the first few weeks after surgery, but my doc doesnt make his patients, he just has us do pureed[sp?] foods for six weeks...how come it seems that all the other drs make you do liquids first? and would you reccoment that i do just the liquid diet for a bit? im getting an open rny.
becky53916
on 10/21/04 6:11 am - Beaver Dam, WI
I emailed you about the carbonation, so hello again. The school of thought on the healing diet varies from dr to dr. I was on a graduating diet, first clear liquids, then full, etc. My friend Ken who is also a member of this site, was like you. On pureed food. It really varies alot! Would you like me to put you in touch with Ken?
Lisa A.
on 1/16/05 12:47 pm
All Dr.s are different. My Dr. has you on very soft foods, runny mashed potatoes and stuff like that after a couple of days. But I really didn't want very much. I ate alot of soup, I still eat alot of soup.(Well not alot, you won't ever eat alot of anything again) Good luck on your surgery and email me anytime. Check out my profile, it might help you. Just remember it will get better.
Most Active