salads

CuteDonna
on 12/17/04 9:47 pm - Effort, PA
I love salads and I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to eat them again. Donna
walkerl35
on 12/19/04 12:47 pm - Houston, TX
yes you will be able to eat salads again( some good ones too) after your body heal because sometimes lettuce will get stuck! You must chew it!
clsinva8680
on 12/27/04 7:31 am - Winchester, VA
You will be able to eat them. Just wait until your pouch heals...they are so good. I eat one for lunch every day along with an apple. Cindy
bkaszubski
on 12/29/04 3:38 pm - Elmhurst, IL
Do you know how long on average it is until you can eat a salad ? When your pouch heals. How do I know when its really healed ?!
Megan C.
on 1/20/05 4:08 pm - Monmouth, OR
I'm nearly two years post-op now, but I remember a couple weeks after surgery salads were what I craved the most! Unfortunately, it took me about 6 months before I could attempt to eat one. Even now I sometimes have problems digesting raw vegatables. My advice is to chew slowly and eat small quantities. The salad bar may not be your friend.
Megan C.
on 1/20/05 4:08 pm - Monmouth, OR
I'm nearly two years post-op now, but I remember a couple weeks after surgery salads were what I craved the most! Unfortunately, it took me about 6 months before I could attempt to eat one. Even now I sometimes have problems digesting raw vegatables. My advice is to chew slowly and eat small quantities. The salad bar may not be your friend.
Sweet_Pea_F79
on 1/30/05 4:41 am - Wellsville, NY
I could eat salads 3 months after surgery. I just made sure I chewed extremely well. They say when you eat to savor the flavor.
suemc624
on 1/31/05 9:34 am - vinelan, NJ
hi. i had my surg 3 days before you and just yesterday i went to a resturant and had a chicken ceasar salad. it was delicious. but, i think the lettuce made me alittle bloated and gassy. also, i don't know if it's from the salad but i fell asleep by 8 o'clock. i was that tired. i'm gonna try the salad again in a few days to see if that's what did it. sue
CuteDonna
on 1/31/05 9:59 am - Effort, PA
Thanks. I might try one next Tuesday as I go to see my surgeon and I'll be having lunch with my girlfriend. Dona
kaclose
on 2/1/05 4:39 am - Columbus, OH
Hey there! I had surgery on 12/15 and had not tried salad until today....and let me tell you it wasn't pretty! It hurt something awful. Maybe I didn't chew enough or maybe it was just too early. But I CAN say with great confidence that it will be quite a while before I try it again! Good luck to you!
Most Active