can't stop eating junk foods

SARA123
on 1/3/05 12:26 pm - kingston, ny
i am 3 years out from the gastric by-pass.i just can't stop eating junk food ,it is so bad that i am now a diabetic i don't know what to eat after the surgery i was never given a diet to follow if there is anyone out there that can be of help to me please help me thank you & god bless
atomicleda
on 1/7/05 9:58 pm - Alabaster, AL
Hi! I'm familiar with your problem. I'm almost 2 years out and for the last 6 months or so, I've noticed that my old habits are creeping back in. My husband also had RNY a month before me. He lost 150 lbs, but gained about 30 back due to unhealthy eating. My advice to you would be to find a program that works for you and stick to it. Weigh****chers works for many of my friends. I personally like to work out and lift weights, so I recommend the "Body for Life" book by Bill Phillips. I also enjoyed Dr. Phil's book for weight loss. I tend to read lots of nutrition books so that I know what to eat. "Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy" by Dr. Walter Willett is really good. It's from the Harvard Medical School. Of course, if you're like me and eat when you're not hungry, it's more difficult. Try a therapist or the Dr. Phil book to see if you can get to the root of why you're eating. My biggest problem is sitting around watching too much TV and I eat out of boredom. I found it helpful to qui****ching TV. I noticed that on the days I don'****ch TV, I don't eat nearly as much. Sorry so long, but I really want to help if I can. Feel free to email me anytime. Jennifer Williams
Megan C.
on 1/20/05 3:59 pm - Monmouth, OR
Hi there! I'm also nearly two years post-op and also find myself slipping back into my old patterns. Which is why I am back on this website again. If anything, it is harder to snack when you have both hands on a keyboard. It doesn't help matters that I recently moved away from my friends and family. My fiance got a job with the railroad and we now live in a rural part of Eastern Oregon. We've been here nearly 8 months, but still haven't met any friends. I'm thinking about checking into support groups like overeaters anonymous. They may actually have meetings two towns over. I eat out of boredom too, and a transplanted city girl can get easily bored. I may have to check out that book you mentioned. Too bad there is no library in this town. But there is always Walmart two towns over!
Kathy F.
on 1/21/05 9:51 am - Manassas, VA
Help! I'm only one year post op and having the same problems. I haven't gained any back, but I have come to a stand still on my losing. It's only a matter of time and I'm really scared. I went through a lot with this surgery and don't want it to have been a waste. My mom wants to go back to Weigh****chers, but I feel like I have really failed if I have to do that. Besides, could I eat all that I'm supposed to eat on that program? I don't know. And I'm afraid to go back to my doctor. Please let me know what you figure out. I'm getting desperate!!
Scherazada Vega
on 2/4/05 9:51 pm - Anthony, FL
Do you speak spanish??? hablas espanol....en espanol puedo ayudarte. Scherazada http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=V985066326&NoStatic=1
Robin M.
on 3/14/05 7:40 am - Barboursville, wv
Hi! I'm 2 yrs post, and I, too, have found my self drifting toward old habits. It's really scary, 'cause I don't want to gain back any weight. I'm starting feel like I've failed, and I'm becoming depressed with the same old feelings I had before surgery. Keep in touch.
ChatKat15
on 3/27/05 3:05 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Ohhh! We are all in the same boat, I am afraid-- I crave more junk food now then I ever did before WLS. I had my surgery 2.5 years ago and lost 150 pounds, but now I have recently gained back 20 pounds and I feel sick about it. I can't stop eating. I am going to start writing everything down again to see if it helps, then switch back to protein shakes if I can stand them for a few days. I am so afraid of whats happening to me. The problem is that I don't dump or puke anymore, I can eat eveything, even sugar with no ill effects. Those good ol days when eating small amounts are gone for me-- its so weird, like I never had the surgery.
Most Active