Terrible anxiety and can't stick to diet!

Beverly H.
on 1/7/05 4:22 pm - Pullman, WA
After losing 100+ pounds, I became extremely anxious. I've always been an emotional eater and have always had trouble with anxiety, but the last year has been really awful for me. I need to lose another 100 pounds, but can't regularly stick to the eating plan. I haven't really lost any weight in the last year (my surgery was in June 2003), although my body has firmed up some. When I get terribly anxious, I'll do whatever it takes to calm down--and it's usually eating something I'm not supposed to. I've been praying, going to my doctors, taking different medicines, listening to a weight loss visual imagery tape, etc. Have any of you had such a bad time with anxiety after losing weight so fast? After all I've gone through, I CANNOT stop now! And I definitely can't gain any weight.
redzz04
on 1/27/05 11:14 pm
Have you tried hypnosis? I know sounds radical ... but I myself have been thinking of going to a hypnotist just for certain stress issues and things that I see triggering my bad eating habits. Maybe it will help? Elizabeth M
Most Active