Worried - my full is broken

Vickyhome777
on 1/16/05 7:50 am - SS, MD
I had surgery on 12/16/04 so I am only 4 weeks post op RNY lapo. Pre Op my dr told me he usually by passes 150 feet of intestines but he would only do around 100 feet on me because my BMI was under 40. I am worried he left my stomach larger also. I can eat an entire 3oz package of tuna with a little low fat mayo slowly yes and it takes me around 50 mins but I can and I don't feel like I ate to much or sick I don't want any more but I also don't have that FULL feeling. I am worried I don't really feel full. I don't have much hunger thank God. Pre op I was 200 pounds and I am down to like 183 so the weight is coming off just worried that my full is broken. Help Vicky open to all thoughts.
Pennie P.
on 1/16/05 11:04 pm - Suwanee, Ga
I EAT REALLY SLOW AND SMALL AMOUNTS AT A TIME BUT I STOP EATING AT 20 MINUTES THAT WAY YOU CAN NOT OVER EAT YOU CAN EAT TO MUCH WHEN YOU TAKE A LONG TIME
artisticdork
on 3/4/05 4:16 am - brigantine, NJ
just outta curiosity, should i do that also with protiens drinks? because i can drink an 11oz proien drink over the course of 1.5-2 hours
Pennie P.
on 3/9/05 6:13 am - Suwanee, Ga
only take the 20 minutes to eat food or to drink your shake the longer you take to eat the more calories you put in do not get your body used to having small amounts of food for long time limints because the further out from surgery you get the more your pouch will take and you will soon be taking in to many calories but then I am not a doctor but I have been told not to take longer than 20 minutes I wish you well in your weight loss
Most Active