Almost 2 years out...

Derith
on 5/21/05 11:11 am
I am almost 2 years out and I have lost about 85 lbs. I can tell the inches are gone. I went from a size 22 to a size 14. I want to weight about 150 but that is slow coming. Due to depression and dealing with past issues that caused me to over eat in the first place I have not gotten to my goal. I made the mistake of not handling what cause the problem in the first place and it has halted my progress. I am to the point where I am too ashamed to go back to Dr. Naamans office because they make me feel bad because I am not where they think I should be, but according to my therapist I am doing fine and I have come a long way. I had to learn that I matter and what I want matters and I am someone special and I have to like me before anyone else likes me. I have come a long way and I feel I have a long way to go. Is it too early to get a breast reduction if I am not at my goal because since I have lost the weight I have my breast are causing my back to hurt. Is it possible for the hanging skin around your belly to cause back problems too? I have upper and lower back problems since the surgery. I have not gone to a doctor yet but I will be soon but I wanted to see what feed back I get here first from the veterans that have been there and done that. Is anyone else having problems with there backs since having gastric bypass surgery? Derith
classydame1
on 5/21/05 4:45 pm - Seminole, OK
Don't beat yourself up because you don't think you did as well as you should....also I went back to mine at 2 years out because I gained...yes gained 20 pounds....He told me that depression causes us to gain and overeat....Since then he put me on antidepressents and weight loss pills for a short period of time...the antidepressents helped but caused sexual release problems...if you know what I mean...lol...women get that problem also...I have since lost 12 of that 20...but I need to get on a different antidepressent.... My back hurts also and I need to have it documented. I have had the tt and it has helped alot... Good luck Patti
Megan C.
on 5/22/05 7:04 am - Monmouth, OR
May I ask what anti-depressant you've been taking? I was on Zoloft, but stopped taking it about 4 months ago because it was zapping my sex drive. But that is about when I started gaining some weight back. I've heard good things about Wellbutrin-XL and am thinking about asking my doctor to prescribe it for me. I hear there is a lower risk of sexual side effects and some say it can also suppress appetite!
Roberta G.
on 5/25/05 1:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am having the same problems you are and I am very depressed about it. I went to my doctor yesterday. I have gained 30 of the 80 I lost. I don't want to take any pills to make me feel better I just want to know what the problems are and solve them, but I guess it is not that easily. I don't know has made you feel the way you feel, but I do want you to know you are not the only one who is going through this. I know I need help, but it is hard to find someone who has had the surgery and understands what I am feeling. When I look into the mirror I see an ugly person. Even when I lost all the weight I never seen that small person. I really want to like what I see in the mirror, so may be we can help each other.
Most Active