Not eating :crazy:

CrawfordS
on 7/11/05 8:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello all, I had my surgery May 16th and started at 320 and now am at 263lbs. I quit drinking protein drinks three weeks ago and was living on water and Diet Snapple. I was not taking my vitimins, I promise to take some tonight. I am a smart educated woman who is a single mom of three kids whom I love. MY lips are bloody chapped and my skin is dry. I dont know what my problem is. I dont want liquid protein, I need to try the protein bars and eat food. Sounds easy huh, then why cant I? Im mentally stable, well lol you know! I lie to my friends and family and tell them I am doing fine. IM tired, weak.........give me some meal options? I'm scared to eat.
dlmartindale
on 7/11/05 3:11 pm - Metro Detroit, MI
Hi Susan, It is really important to at least focus on the protein - I also had a hard time with hard protein (like beef and chicken) but was fine with things like cottage cheese and yogurt. I still use HMR protein shakes with fruit for breakfast - I really like made with milk and lots of ice to make it thick - throw in some strawberries or frozen peaches, etc and it is great. If I make it with a scoop of BeneProtein added it gives me about 25 grams of protein. I have also found a couple of other things that pack lots of protein that I really like - one is the South Beach Diet protein bars - they are like rice crispy consistency and come in a variety of flavors - each has 10 grams of protein. Another is a bar called "Pure Protein" and those have between 20 - 30 grams of protein depending on the size bar. They are very good. As hard as it may be you need to set a daily goal for yourself of getting in your required protein. Keep track and make it a priority. Reward yourself when you do. You don't want to start having all the issues that come with not getting your required protein. Good luck - hang in there and it continues to get easier and easier as the weeks go by. Dwight
CrawfordS
on 7/12/05 2:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
My big issue is with the shakes or drinks. For some reason IM just plain scared to eat real food. NO real direction and not hungry all day most of the time. I am going to work on eating real food today. Had a few bites of oatmeal this morning.....so off to a good start. Thanks for taking time to respond, I truley appreciate it.
CocoaPA
on 7/21/05 12:15 pm - Outside Philly, PA
Hi Susan, Although, I had another form of wls, the DS...I still have to get between 80-100 grams of protein a day. I understand that the protein drinks are not that hot....I found a combination I drink at breakfast that is tolerable, though some days I really have to force myself to choke it down...but I do have a suggestion. There is a drink I get at GNC called isopure zero carb. It comes in a 20oz bottle and has 40grams of protein in it. Since you love diet snapple, I would suggest you get a bottle to try, it comes in different flavors, and then take half of the isopure and mix it with some diet snapple...then drink the other half of it later mixed with some more snapple...thats 40grams right there....I understand that its sometimes hard to eat, but you have to understand that if you don't eat, you will stall in losing weight...its important to get our protein in b/c you will be losing lean muscle mass w/o it. Also remember that our heart is made of muscle and our muscles need protein to survive....as far as food goes...you could try things like cottage cheese, low carb yogurt....things like that...people like wendy's chili...you could sprinkle some chedder on it, thus boosting its protein content...also, I have read that you could also start adding powdered milk to your foods b/c thats easily boosts the protein content, like adding a packet of dry milk to some yogurt....things like that....I hope that you find a way to start eating again b/c you need to be healthy for yourself as well as for the people in your life that depend on you. Good luck. Chi-Chi
CuteDonna
on 8/5/05 9:59 am - Effort, PA
I don't drink any liquid protein drinks either as my surgeon don't like them. Perfer we get protein through food but I hardly eat anything either. Don't care for food but I'm forcing myself to drink water and other drinks to get my fluids in me. As time goes by you'll find it easier to eat other foods. I'm finding foods that I used to I can now eat. Donna 338/190 -148
SUNBUNNY
on 9/2/05 8:09 am - MI
what is your water /liquid intake? if your lips are that dry then you may not be getting enough water eithr? lol my dietician also saidto stay away from the protein drinks asthey don't fill you up for long andyou may end up eatting more. i don't have an appetite yet so it still works for me. i get 33 gms of protein in one drink (with the 8 from fat free milk). gets me going in the morning.
Most Active