getting new insurance -best one for someone who is obese? (not seeking WLS at this time)

nia111
on 3/22/11 1:31 pm
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on how I should go about searching for new insurance?
Anyone have any idea what insurance would be the best pick and least expensive in terms of extra preniums for someone who is obese?
I am in AZ, if that helps.

I have checked a bit online and even had some things sent to me but it seems like specific weight cut offs for being denied or what you have to pay for a BMI above 30, for instance, aren't that easy to find.

I'd appreciate any help or response on this, and I'm really hoping I can find new insurance... I can't imagine not having health insurance,

Thanks,

Nia
Myrlio
on 3/29/11 10:48 am - AR
Hi Nia,

There are options, but unfortunately most of them don't include traditional major medical coverage.   There are a ton of variables involved in deciding what's available for you, including height, weight, bmi, other medical issues, etc. if you don't have a group health  plan available through an employer. 

Your  best option is to find an agent that specializes in health coverage and carries a broad range of companies and do a complete review of your history and needs, as well as the coverage availability in Arizona.  I have a number of resources available and would love to be able to help you find an appropriate plan.  Feel free to contact me and I can either help you personally, or I can find you an agent locally that specializes in this area.

You may contact me by email at [email protected] or by skype, Myrl Lawrence.

Good luck in your search,

Myrlio in Arkansas

PS.  I am also writing an article for examiner.com on exactly this  subject and would love to have you respond to it.  The subject title is, "A personal invitation survey".  Thanks in advance.
Most Active