United Healthcare Requirements

Lmo2291
on 7/12/14 11:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been getting conflicting information on what UHC requires in terms of documentation for weight loss surgery. Do I need 6 months of physician supervised diet notes? Do I just need a note from a physician? I've been obese for over 5 years now and before my senior year of college was recommended for weight loss surgery but then I left for school and now it's a year later and i'm finally ready but I think the 6 month supervised diet thing is going to hold me up. Any suggestions? I have documentation that I've worked with a trainer/nutritionist and have done weigh****chers twice in the past 2 years - more if I go back further. 

Thanks!

DEBGG
on 1/14/16 2:15 am

I also have UHC. I got online and searched our benefits. I also needed a 6 mth supervised diet. I began seeing my pcp for 6 mth, every month on time. I googled meds that help with weight loss, then searched my benefits  in through express scripts to find out the cost. Once we decided on a med (topomax) I wrote down everything I put in my mouth and how many calories I was eating. I found my surgeon at Cleveland Clinic and began the process. When I began the process I was already done with my supervised diet. Good luck! It's a lot of work :(

Most Active