UHC - United Healthcare One Bariatric Surgery Per Lifetime? How to Overcome?

Douglas R.
on 2/26/15 8:54 am

I had RNY in 2003 and am in need of a revision to DS due to complications, weight gain and a "mechanical failure" of the RNY pouch - in that I have a fistula. I was wondering how we may be able to get around the one surgery per lifetime issue with UHC? If you have had any success or have ideas, please let me know.

hollykim
on 3/1/15 6:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM Pacific Time, Doug300 wrote:

I had RNY in 2003 and am in need of a revision to DS due to complications, weight gain and a "mechanical failure" of the RNY pouch - in that I have a fistula. I was wondering how we may be able to get around the one surgery per lifetime issue with UHC? If you have had any success or have ideas, please let me know.

I don't think you can get around it. There is a reason insurance companies have this clause. 

You might be able to get them to pay to have the fistula repaired but not a revision.

Douglas R.
on 3/1/15 10:24 am

Thank you but the post is seeking ideas on how to overcome the problem. 

hollykim
on 3/1/15 10:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 1, 2015 at 6:24 PM Pacific Time, Doug300 wrote:

Thank you but the post is seeking ideas on how to overcome the problem. 

as I told you on your other thread,it is what it is. You aren't getting any ideas on. Hpw to overturn it,because there are no ways to overturn. It. It is iron clad. Why else do. You think they have it worded like this?

Douglas R.
on 3/1/15 11:32 am, edited 3/1/15 10:36 pm

Thanks for trying to be helpful.  I know you must mean well.  Perhaps you are a passive personality type and accept things at face value in your outlook.  On the other hand - I do not.  I rock the boat and get things done.

I read your other posts on the Revision thread.  Let me assure you, NOTHING in this world is IRON clad.  People get around rules, laws and "NO" all of the time.  I look for solutions and people on this board to give me some solid ideas on how to overcome this obstacle.  Obstacles are things that get in the way.  You have to go above, below or around an obstacle to get where your want to go.

I will prevail in the end one way or the other with the insurance one WLS per lifetime clause.  Watch me.

And, I will seek out positive advisors on this board and elsewhere to acheive my goal.  If anyone else out there is in agreement or wants to give support to me on this - klet's hear from you.

christinerocks
on 3/7/15 9:54 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hi, I am pre-op and haven't even begun to fight for my initial surgery (nearing the end of my pre-surgery prep program now).  I have seen ads for and read about some law firms that specialize in overturning denials and such.  Even if you are determined to fight on your own, scour their web sites for ideas/hints on how they appeal denials.  This may give you ideas on how to fight your case.  Good luck. 

Most Active