UPMC Enhanced Access/ Dr Hamad 6mos wait issues

alise007
on 5/27/03 3:46 pm - Hickory, NC
I have sent in all my paperwork but I will have to wait for my insurance to cover the surgery once I have completed my 6 mos PCP supervised diet. IF I had known this was a prerequisite would have started that up a while ago! REGARDLESS...I can't really do the surgery until beginning of January 04 because of school....BUT if I have to wait for insurance to approve after I complete the 6 mos diet and the current surgery dates are being set 4 months out-I wouldn't get a date until March in the middle of school. Mid Dec-Mid Jan is the only time I get more than 1 week off between classes. SO my question is there any way to get a surgery date tenatively scheduled?? I won't complete my 6 mos until end of November 03. I don't mind missing work/unpaid time off but don't want to miss class since that is how I learn the best--in person. I am also going to school in conjunction with UPMC hospital and they will become my future employer at the end of school. Any suggestions? Ideas? I only get vague answers from the dr's office.
Most Active