Aetna NAP problems anyone?

joanne L.
on 5/31/03 5:27 am - Fontana, WI
Hello! I was just recently denied by my Aetna NAP for lack of a 5 yr history with 1 physician. Our insurance has changed 2 times in the last 5 yrs so I haven';t had just one PCP's documentation for 5 yrs. Everything else I met for the criteria. I'm considering hiring Walter Lindstrom from Obesity Law. Their office said they would take my case. Anyone else have experience with Aetna NAP and an appeal or just plain denied? Thanks! Joanne
Edith W.
on 6/2/03 7:08 am - Armpit of, VT
I am dealing with a denial with Aetna PPO. My physician's office didn't send in any of my 5 year history paperwork. It is in now and it looks good for approval. I was told that I did NOT have to have the paperwork from just one doctor. 99-00 is a general practice doctor and 01-02 is my OB. They are looking for a 5 year history of MO because some people 'eat themselves up' for this surgery. What they needed was five years history of MO from a 3rd party source- no summary letters- xeroxed chart notes with weights was all they needed. Not many people in the US keep a doctor for 5 years. Double check for what they need.
Most Active