What a wonderful site...tons of information (no pun intended)

B H.
on 5/31/03 7:53 am - San Leandro, CA
Hello all! After losing my job on September 11th, I have been without medical insurance. Funny that in light of my lack of finances, I still manage to eat very well and my weight has skyrocketed to a whopping 350 pounds. I won't go into a bunch of details, but I'll just say I've tried to kill myself once...not only because of economics and the feeling of powerlessness I have, but also because of my weight. Having lost a hundred pounds before, without the help of Jenny, Nurti or WW...I can't undertsand why I can't find that "thing" I had before that made me successful, when I want it just as bad. Does anyone know where I can find out if Medi-cal will cover this procedure? I don't have it, but will try to if it's something they cover. Is there a lising of doctors that may do this pro-bono? Funny they offer this to "celebrities" who have the money to spend on the sugery...but is it ever extended to everyday folk? Achy joints, back pain, bad feet and short of breath in addition to other things, makes it very difficult to sustain a decent excerise program. Any suggestions/comments would be so appreciated. Thank you. In Good Faith B
Kimberly H.
on 6/4/03 7:11 am - Cisne, IL
Hi there I read your post and just had to write I am going through insurance problems dealing with two many people at one time I think. I am being told one thing by one person and the other one is saying that anything to do with weight loss is not on my policy. WHAT ? Why didn't the first person tell me that instead they had me do all kinds of things to send to them. Of which I did. Now they are telling me that they are not going to cover it. I am almost four hundred pounds that in it's own is life threating. I have three small children that I have to keep up with everyday all day.....I am a stay at home Mommy cause nobody will hire someone my size cause I can't do the work. I like you am just at my wits end. I don't know what else to do. I would like to wish you the best and I hope things go our way. Kimberly Hill [email protected]
Most Active