cigna ppo IN denied 2 times

Lynita C.
on 5/31/03 4:31 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I have been dened by cigna twice, the first time they said i didn't have a psyc evaluation, letter of medical necessity and Bmi wasn't over 40 for at least one year, and i needed a supervised diet. I sent them a psyc evaluation, a letter of medical necessity in which my dr. stated in that letter that previous diets had failed me and i sent them a med record showing where i had been to see a dietician and what the dietician had stated, and i sent them medical records showing where my BMI had been over 40 for a year. They still denied me again, but this time it was because the diets were not logged in a journal, and were not documented. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? Cigna only allows Two appeals.
juderulz
on 6/1/03 12:26 pm - Aurora, CO
www.obesitylawyer.com ~ I just saw a banner ad on this site for this group... I dont know anything about them, but if it was me and I was denied once, I think I would send doctors notes, ANY documentation via a LAWYER.... Seems to me that's the only way the insurance companies wont take advantage of us....! Pretty sad that it has to be THAT way....
Donna W.
on 6/7/03 5:46 am - Burlington, VT
Well, I have been denied 2x by CIGNA also and on 6/10 I have my 2nd appeal teleconference. They tell me all I need is proof of a supervised 6 mos diet with weigh-ins and I would be approved. I am asking that they waive that. We'll see! Wish me luck on Tuesday!! Donna
Most Active