Aetna or Dr's office to blame?

Edith W.
on 6/3/03 5:13 am - Armpit of, VT
I am soooo frustrated. I meet all the aetna qualifications. I've even been seeing a registered dietician since Jan. My surgeon's office did a poor job sending in my application. I was denied because they didn't send in the 5 years of doctor's notes, the dietician's notes and used the wrong billing code. Then they told me they didn't assist with appeals. They are assisting with this appeal because it was due to a poorly presented application. Aetna even sent faxes requesting the missing info and they went unanswered because the person sending the ap was on vacation! (The doc's office denied receiving the faxes until I put them on the spot- the aetna rep had read them to me!) Aetna is now talking directly with me and I am babysitting my doctor's office so they send in the right info. I think my doc's office personnel resents this so I am trying not to be too heavy handed (I'm an RN) I am still not approved because they haven't sent in my info YET!! They've had it for weeks and I am now on the daily phone call routine. Aetna may still burn me but as of now they are being very helpful and coaching me on what they need in detail so that I can get approved. I was denied because of an incomplete application and will be getting surgery almost 2 months later because of it. Anyone else have the experience of their doc's office being the issue? I don't want to **** them off because I need them but I am underwhelmed by their knowledge levels and initiative. Christie
Cynthia C.
on 6/4/03 3:16 pm - Bmt, TX
I am using Neweigh located in Houston, Tx. They were recommended by the world renowned MD Anderson Hospital employees. Neweigh has their own advocacy group who does all the work. They even have a lawyer. However, I first went for my initial visit Jan 15, 2003. AS yet I still am not approved. Good luck to you however. If this falls through, try again but ask questions as to their insurance grp and if they help with appeals, etc.
KENYATTA J.
on 6/5/03 3:09 am - JONESBORO, GA
I have aetna ppo and I am in the appeal process. My dr.'s office is helping me. My previous PCP is a jerk. Because he said that he will not write any letters because the surgeon is the one getting paid. need less to say I have a new PCP and we are still waiting.
Lisa F.
on 6/6/03 4:34 pm - Port Arthur, TX
Just my two cents but...do you really want to have surgery with a Dr who would allow su*****ompetence in his office? Since you know that the insurance may approve since they are being so helpful why not change Drs? there are so many good surgeons out there with office staff who are willing to help apparently they arent concerned with theyre own livelyhood (if no one gets approved how do they get paid?)why would they be concerned about yours? My advice? switch Drs
Most Active