Feeling full or feeling pain??????

Amy_Kleve
on 3/24/11 9:46 am - Adrian, MN
Hello,

I have had my lap band now for almost 4 years. Have not had any success in losing weight.

I was wondering if any one here actually feels full when their poutch gets full.

I don't feel full at all. I feel pain! So, I wait for it to go down, then I eat more.

I feel like I did before I had my surgery. My wight shows the same results, just yo-yo's.

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

MARIA F.
on 3/24/11 10:01 am - Athens, GA

The pain your talking about sounds like the stuck thing. :-(

I have had NO luck with my band either! I have had 16 fills in 16 mos. and still no restriction.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the band huh?! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Amy_Kleve
on 3/24/11 10:17 am - Adrian, MN
I've had fill after fill and some fluid taken out a few times. I'm fed up to the point where I'm looking into revision. I just wanted to know if anyone else experiences the same feelings as me or if I'm the only one.

Nic M
on 3/24/11 2:03 pm
You aren't the only one, I assure you. I've seen many, many people complain of the same thing since 2003!  It seems that people always FEEL like they're the only ones going through it, but trust me, you're not.

Take care,
Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Amy_Kleve
on 3/24/11 2:12 pm - Adrian, MN
Why does my surgeon treat me like I'm the only one then?? He basically laughed at me when I asked for a revision. He said if I failed the band, I will fail any other wls. He said if he revised people like me, he would be putting too many people at risk

Nic M
on 3/25/11 2:36 am
Time to find a different doctor. Mine told me to "get a hobby" when I complained of chronic pain and constipation. (I hadn't had a bowel movement in 2 weeks and had a twisted stomach, slipped band, kinked intestines and the man told me I was 'fine.' Fired him. Found a new doc who actually helped me. He also told me I was on the verge of death... not sure which 'hobby' would have helped me there! )

Your doctor is failing you, giving you such misinformation. People have revisions all the time.

Oh, and here are some other people that are having problems... whether your doctor believes it or not!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/forum/70-lap-band-complications/

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

BASIMAH02
on 3/24/11 10:05 am - IL
I have had my band for only 2 months now and I also feel discomfort before just feeling full. But I've learned that we are to stop eating before the discomfort comes. We have to measure the foods we eat to make sure that we don't cause ourselves pain. The lap band has helped me a lot with measuring my intake. I hate the feeling of stomach pain, so I try to avoid overfilling my pouch. I did have difficulty retraining my eating pattern to stop eating until I was satisfied, because unfortunately I wasn't satisfied until I ate everything in front of me and most of the time what was in front of me was too much food. I had to reprogram myself that when the feeling of hunger was gone, to stop eating. I'm still in the reprogramming process. Thirty-eight years of bad eating habits will not go away overnight. It takes time. I know exactly what you're feeling. And what you are experiencing is not uncommon.

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

Amy_Kleve
on 3/24/11 10:20 am - Adrian, MN
Sometimes even after my first bite, I feel pain. Usually it takes about 3 bites. It annoys me that it doesn't make me full.

I definitely know when food gets stuck, because I have to vomit it out. Sometimes, I tough out the pain and it goes down eventually after about an hour. The food still dissolves.

I really don't think the band has helped me out at all. What a waste of 4 years!

BASIMAH02
on 3/24/11 10:27 am - IL
I can imagine how hard this must be for you. I have struggled with obesity all my life, and if this band doesn't work for me I will be devastated!! Have you looked into the sleeve? I have a co-worker who went from the band to the sleeve and it worked wonders for her.

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

MARIA F.
on 3/24/11 10:25 am - Athens, GA

Oh hun u are NOT the only one! There are a lot of us out there!!! :-(

I have had 4 partial unfills also, so 20 adjustments total. A lot of ppl never reach that mythical "SWEET SPOT"! Unfortunately...........most Drs. or band mills do NOT tell patients that BEFORE they get their money and put the POS band in! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active