Only 3 month postop, no weight loss this month?

jules777
on 3/26/11 9:53 am - CA
I am 3 months post-op and I have not lost anything this past month, I have had 1 fill so far, (5cc's) and have not really felt any restriction at all. I am scheduled to go for my second fill next Sat. I have been on a very strict diet plan and I am exercising at least 4 days a week. The food plan I have basically been sticking to is the South Beach plan. I am frustrated and I am praying that with this next fill I am successful. I don't want to be fat anymore, I am already thinking if this doesn't work I'm going to try the HCG diet. .. HELP!!!

MARIA F.
on 3/26/11 9:59 am - Athens, GA

Some ppl NEVER reach restriction! That is something most Drs. do not tell u BEFORE they put the band in!!!

Hope you are one of the lucky ones!

FormerlyFluffy.com

steelerfan1
on 3/26/11 11:07 am
omg Maria for once can you shut the hell up and stop staying this to people every time they post something like this .

You are such a bitter person and you hope to god everybody fails like you its getting very frustrating .

For once in your damn life can you offer support and encouragement instead of saying this **** all the time. 

I would  hate if I have problems to come on here because you will be in your chair laughing your ass saying I told you so I told you so and enjoying every freaking minute of it.

Offer some damn support instead of telling them this all the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

MARIA F.
on 3/26/11 11:21 am - Athens, GA
On March 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM Pacific Time, steelerfan1 wrote:
omg Maria for once can you shut the hell up and stop staying this to people every time they post something like this .

You are such a bitter person and you hope to god everybody fails like you its getting very frustrating .

For once in your damn life can you offer support and encouragement instead of saying this **** all the time. 

I would  hate if I have problems to come on here because you will be in your chair laughing your ass saying I told you so I told you so and enjoying every freaking minute of it.

Offer some damn support instead of telling them this all the time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is what it is. I can't change the facts about the band. Why do you not want ppl to know what the band can REALLY be like?! "Support" is NOT just telling ppl what they want to hear!

Am I bitter? Yes. Do I "hope to god everybody fails like me"? No. So why don't YOU shut the hell up if you don't know what your talking about!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Jill P.
on 3/26/11 6:46 pm - United Kingdom
Hear hear!!!
Heather :o)
on 3/27/11 4:13 am
On March 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM Pacific Time, steelerfan1 wrote:

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Stephanie M.
on 3/27/11 8:00 am
Post Date: 3/27/11 11:13 am
On March 26, 2011 at 6:07 PM Pacific Time, steelerfan1 wrote: omg Maria for once can you shut the hell up and stop staying this to people every time they post something like this .

I  a good like button!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Heather :o)
on 3/27/11 9:35 am
Sometimes like button HTML comes in handy!
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Kate -True Brit
on 3/26/11 4:35 pm - UK

Maria, this may be a "fact" but it is neither supportive or kind to tell a banded newbie it in this way. Perhaps you could learn a bit of humanity and kindness. Don't hide "truths" but how much nicer to say " sorry you are not feeling restriction yet; it can take a long time and we need to be patient. I am XXX months out and still have not achieved restricition.

See - a positive followed by a caveat. And most people with any spark of decency would not even put the caveat to this poster - why worry a newly post-op?

I know you are bitter, I know you feel docs lie and hide things. But why do you feel the need to further frighten already worried people who are already banded. You support Bette in her campaign to raise awareness for children with cancer. How would you feel if she posted to a family "I am trying to help you but you do know your child hasn't got a chance in hell, don't you?

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

MARIA F.
on 3/26/11 6:23 pm - Athens, GA

Kate why do u feel she is not entitled to know this??? If she hasn't been told this already...........it is something she should know! A possitive attitude is one thing...........but to ignore the facts and to hide things from bandsters is something entirely different!

I told her that I hope she is one of the lucky ones. I wish the band could work for EVERYONE. Unfortunately............that is NOT the case! It is nowhere near the case! I see no reason to lie to ppl!

I wouldn't expect her to have restriction at this point either, but to tell her to just be patient, to me would indicate that if she is patient that she WILL get restriction. She may very well NEVER reach restriction. Hopefully she will be lucky, but it's a crap shoot with the band. U know that just as well as I do!

And as far as me "further frighten already worried people who are already banded"......................well the poster is not the only one reading this post. There may be pre-ops that read this as well and that is info that they should know about!

If the band was that great then there wouldn't be all these negative things associated with it! You call me "negative" but in fact I am "realistic"!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active