Does everyone really chew chew chew?

Sapphire1964
on 3/27/11 6:30 am
I have a question...i am 3 months out with 5 cc's in my 10 cc band. I am continuing to lose slowly but surely and feel full for the 3-4 hrd bet meals but I dont always chew chew chew but everything seems to be o****ep my calories in check for the most part, doc didnt think I needed another fill yet but dont feel that my restriction is such that I HAVE to chew proactively at this point in time. I try to do this but often forget (will catch myself & be more careful) ... Are there others out there like that?

RNY 04/05/04
BOB 12/30/10 (Band over Bypass)  

crystal M.
on 3/27/11 6:39 am - Joliet, IL
I would make sure you chew because restriction is a funny thing something you can eat fine one day might stuck the next day.  I have 9.9 cc's in my band and I better chew or I will get stuck...hahaha.
naph_jam
on 3/27/11 6:42 am - Murfreesboro, TN
At first, I was like you and didn't really make an effort to chew as I was told to.  Let me tell you, that all changed quickly the first time that I got a fill and the restriction really kicked in!  It was horribly painful and a miserable experience all around.  I wish that I had been doing the chewing right in the first place cause I could have avoided several experiences like that from not being used to needing to.

Country
on 3/29/11 9:05 am
That is good to know about the chewing.. I count out 30 times.. and still haven't gotten my first fill.. getting that April 26.. am almost nervous.. but I am using this as prep time, and practice for when I get filled and will seriously have to chew, chew and chew.. 

Really good info!!

Country -v

steelerfan1
on 3/27/11 7:02 am
To be honest Sapphire I dont cut my meat into teeny tiny bites and I dont chew a million and one times either .  I think that is the advantage of keeping your band on the loose side because I dont have to worry about that so much.

I do chew better then I use to , but I think and this is only my opinion only the tighter you keep your band the more you have to chew and take such baby bites.  My band will never be like that but that is just me .

Let me tell you restriction is only based on how long you can go without eating. physical hunger that is .

If you can go at least 3 hrs plus without being hungry then you do not need a fill that is what the band is suppose to do and cut your portions down that is it nothing more :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

spuddzy
on 3/27/11 7:06 am - NY
 I have to chew alot other wise I get stuck..sometimes I'm ok and the same food gets stuck othertime. can't figure out the band...i'm 3 months out. have 1.75 in my 10cc band..i'm losing ok. but have to really work at it...

spuddzy

coachgrrl
on 3/27/11 7:10 am
 you bet I chew, chew, chew or I get stuck, stuck, stuck

no fun at all that stuck business

Jean M.
on 3/27/11 9:11 am
Revision on 08/16/12
If I don't chew, chew, chew, I get stuck, stuck, stuck, and then I'm very, very, sorry!

It's worth taking tiny bites, chewing very well, eating slowly, etc. now even if you don't seem to need to, because one day your band could take you by surprise. And if you make it a habit now, it'll be much easier to adjust once you get more fill and more restriction.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

sherhines
on 3/27/11 7:57 am - Dale, IN
I don't really have to chew chew chew excessively unless it is something pretty dry. I choose not to tighten my band anymore because I want to feel somewhat "normal".

steelerfan1
on 3/27/11 8:06 am

Sheri my gf just got back to using her band again after taking a two yr break lol but she got her fill now she cant eat no kind of breakfast , she cant eat breads, she cant eat chicken now and to be honest I just dont want to be like that , I think I would rather be on the looser side and still enjoy them foods in moderation.

I am losing slower then her right now but I can sit down and enjoy a meal without fear of getting something stuck or running to the bathroom while we are out  like she does right now :o( 

My docs right hand nurse we dont see eye on this at all .  she feels like if you can eat breads, rice or pasta you need a fill and I dont agree with that at all .  I keep telling her them foods isnt what made me fat what made fat was sitting down and making a pig of myself lol not eating foods in moderation and being in control of the food .

Thank goodness I see my doc because if it was her I would cancel till I got to see my doc lol

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Most Active