6-12 month supervised diet.....

Amy_Kleve
on 4/1/11 10:05 pm - Adrian, MN
Are we supposed to loose weight on the 6-12 month supervised diet required for insurance??

Its not like we have trouble losing weight and keeping it off right? LOL

I had my band in 2007, my insurance company didn't have this "rule." Since then I'm looking into revision and have discovered they added this policy. I lost a tiny bit of weight the first 3 months, I'm afraid I'm on my roller coaster upward now, does that mean insurance will deny me???
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

cristie2000
on 4/1/11 10:44 pm
 I only had to do a 3 month supervised diet for BCBS.  They told me that they didn't want me to gain weight and it didn't matter how much I lost.  THey were mainly looking at what the doctor said about how compliant I was to behavior changes and diet.  I did lose I think five pounds total.  One time, right after Thanksgiving, I did gain two pounds.  However, I made sure I lost it for the next month.  All in all, I was up and down at each weigh in.  I was still accepted for the lap band, so I am sure you will be fine.
marypatf
on 4/1/11 11:03 pm
 No..I did the same thimg and my nutritionist said that i was a godd candidate because of that....
I think if u loose a lot on the supervised diet, it could work the other way....
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

journeyseeker
on 4/1/11 11:45 pm - dalton, GA
I am currently starting a 6 mo pre op diet the dr has asked me to lose 20 to 25 during this time so that I shrink my liver some and bc my bmi is currently 71.
psychomom
on 4/1/11 11:52 pm - China Grove, NC
I gained a little  (like 2lbs) on my supervised diet. Some ppl are told they have to lose during this time but if no one has given you a number to lose I would not worry about it. For me it was more of a formality than a diet really.

Amy_Kleve
on 4/2/11 12:08 pm - Adrian, MN
Thanks everyone
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

sherhines
on 4/2/11 1:12 pm - Dale, IN
BCBS required me to be on a 6 month supervised wt loss program. My doc required 10% wt loss prior to surgery because he felt that represented if I was willing to be serious about changing my habits (that was 32#s for me)

Most Active