Migraine's anyone?

robinespeland
on 4/3/11 12:22 pm - OR
Just wondering if anyone else has expeirenced this; last Saturday, we went wine tasting, and I endded up getting a migraine, ok I can take that I drank too much wine, but the migraine still hasn't gone away. Today is day 10, and I've been taking percoset every few hours just to survive i've even taken imatrex nothing will take it away permnently. I've had migraines since I was 4 but noting this long. Anybody have any ideas? I have a lot of food alergies and I decided to try fasting for a few days to see if maybe its a food I'm eating that has contributed to the problem. But I am at wits end.

crystal M.
on 4/3/11 12:40 pm - Joliet, IL
I have been getting migraines since I was 19.  The first migraine I ever got lasted over a week.  I ended up in the ER and they gave me a shot to relieve the pain.  Maybe you need to go to the ER. 

I still have problems with migraines but I have learned my trigger and I take a maintenance drug every day to prevent them.  I have them maybe 4-6 times a year now and when I get them I am down for 2-3 days.  I have never tried Imatrex.  A friend of mine swears by Relpax for the pain.  I am going to ask for a RX during my next appointment. 

Hope you feel better
robinespeland
on 4/3/11 1:19 pm - OR
Thank you so much for responding to me. I also take a maintenance drug. I take Gabepetin, I have tried Relpax and it doesn't do anything for me. But everything works differently on different people.

kathkeb
on 4/3/11 1:31 pm
I get migraines -- but not for days at a time -- usually for a few hours, and sometimes day after day for about a week.

Mine seem to be hormonally related -- when I was trying to conceive years ago, and on fertility meds, they were brutal.  Now, I am in menopause and they come and go just like my hot flashes.

Sorry you are suffering and hope you get some relief soon.
Kath

Angelique J.
on 4/3/11 2:05 pm - Allentown, PA
I would defintely go to the ER, even if you don't have insurance there is aleways reduced cost of care programs or at least payment plans. There is no reason to continue to suffer. I once had a migraine that lasted 4 days. My doctor prescribed me a medicatine for diabetics that is used to help aid digestion (metoclopramide) because even Percocets weren't helping. This had never happened to me before and had had migraines since I was 14. At bare minimum go to your family doctor ASAP.

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

Kate -True Brit
on 4/3/11 5:30 pm - UK

10 days for a migraine seems too long for me. I would see your doc.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

cathiec
on 4/3/11 10:17 pm - Toms River, NJ
I get migranes all the time I take timoral every day for them I also take maltex on the onset of my migranes I also use percott when they get to bad I have to go to er to get a shot for the pain and something for the nauseous when won't go awayYou want to make sure that it is not something else with the length that it is going on.
Cathie

BluestCat
on 4/3/11 10:46 pm
I have suffered from migraines since I was a kid. I have had migraines that have lasted in excess of 14 days at a time. But if this is a new experience for you, please call your doctor. I also can't drink wine, as the sulfates in it is a definite migraine trigger for me.
babs575
on 4/4/11 12:42 am
The Nurse in me highly recomends seeing a doctor.  I do not get migraines, so I can not speak to that, but a long lasting headache can be other things too... It could just be stress... better safe then sorry.

Hope you feel better!
Laurena
on 4/4/11 1:20 pm - Louisville, KY
Ohh I feel for you!Hope you feel better .I also get migraines and used to take imitrex but cant take that medication anymore ,had a bad reation to it.Now I am on Topamax for the last 3 years and it seems to help me, my migraines getting less each month.
Go see you Dr.asap you should not have to suffer that long!
Most Active