Finally banded but extremely exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriceo
on 4/5/11 6:08 am
Hey everyone! I finally got banded yesterday morning.  I was feeling great yesterday even though I was a liitle sore.  I was able to go home yesterday but now I am back at home and I am SOOOOO TIRED!!!t It was a struggle just to post this thread!!!  I am also worried about pneumonia as sometimes my chest and shoulder hurts when I take deep breaths!  Is this gas????  Help!!!!!!
Tiff tells all
on 4/5/11 6:20 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Does it feel like it takes effort to breath? Thats normal. If it rattles when you breath- thats not normal. If they gave you a spirometer to bring home. If so, use it. It will help you keep your lungs clear. If they didn't, do the deep breathing even though it hurts like a sun of a gun.

Does if feel like a school bus ran you over? Thats normal too... Try to keep walking every few hours to keep that gas on the run. Also, laying back on a heating pad so it's positioned between your shoulders will feel like heaven!!! Truly!

Take your meds if you need them. Thats why they are there. Just be careful not to over do it while you are trying to walk the neighborhood.  Also, be sure to keep drinking your fluids. Thats the important part now. The rest will happen in good time.

Congratulations!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

BASIMAH02
on 4/5/11 6:27 am - IL
Because gas is pumped into your abdomen during surgery, the trapped air definitely causes severe discomfort for many. I know I felt as if I were having a heart attack because the sharp chest pains and left shoulder pain were terrible. Anti-gas tablets like bean-o or gas-x helped a lot with a heating pad.

ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES IS HOW A TWO-POUND BOX OF CANDY CAN MAKE A PERSON GAIN FIVE POUNDS

Caidkin
on 4/5/11 9:01 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
I hope you start feeling better.  Keep us updated and CONGRATS.
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
chorn0312
on 4/5/11 9:39 am
Congrats!!!

* I lost 7 lbs. on the pre-op diet.* 
crice
on 4/5/11 10:57 pm, edited 4/6/11 5:58 am - Crown City, OH
Hi
       I was really tired when I came home also. I just rested a lot and it got better. I never had the gas problem that some of the others had . wishing you well 

Connie

Norma 1010
on 4/6/11 12:53 pm - Pflugerville, TX
Congratulations!  good luck on your new journey and follow the "band rules".

NORMA

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

Most Active