Port Pain?????

patriceo
on 4/21/11 8:45 am
Hey everyone! So I had surgery on 4/4 and I woke up this morning (after a long first night back at work) and the port area was tender and hurt a little to the touch.  It also seemed that it was poking out when laying flat on my back in bed.  Some of the tenderness has gone away but it still hurts in one particular area a little to touch it.  It hasn't felt like this since surgery.  It isn't warm to the touch or has any redness.  Incision seems to be healing just fine. Do you think I have a flipped port? Or is it sore because of all of the movement?  And also I stopped wearing an underwire bra and started wearing a sports bra but it still seems to cause pressure on port area.  
God give me the courage to change the things that I can

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 9:16 am - Des Moines, IA
What kind of work were you doing?  Any increase in activity or lifting could cause soreness since you just had surgery on the 4th.  You might have some swelling.  I have always been able to palpate my port and have been able to feel the tubing also.  You could try an ice pack to the area if you want.
cheyenne000
on 4/21/11 10:36 am
VSG on 03/25/16
You could also have some fluid build up thats putting pressure on it , talk to your doctor

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Most Active