I'm still around, just tired . . .

Bette B.
on 4/26/11 10:25 am
  . . . of all the fighting and horse**** It's getting on my last goddamned nerve. I'm still going to be around, but probably won't be posting as often as I have in the past. I'd like to post more frequently, especially to help the newbies, but I can read a post and tell within 5 responses where the discussion will be going and how soon it will be dissolve into name calling and finger pointing.

Some of you have asked where I've been lately, and I've BEEN here, but not chiming in as much as I used to because I get tired of reading all the bull**** that's dragging the Forum - and OH in general - down. I don't expect the place to be all sunshine and rainbows all the time, but FUCK! Libya seems like bingo night at a retirement community to some of the fights that get going on here.

For those of you who have bands that didn't work for you, I'm sorry about that. I really am. But I'm not going to feel guilty because mine DID work for me. I'm not going to let you lessen my enthusiasm for my own success and for my new, healthy life. I'm also not going to tolerate being called a liar about my success. I'm successful - so sue me. Or, suck it. I don't care.

For those of you who HAVEN'T had ever a band, SHUT UP ABOUT THE BAND, the Band "diet", band life, and everything else associated with it. You have "no dog in the fight", so just shut the **** up about it.

For those of you who are proud of the fact that you never exercise, congratulations on your lazy ass. When you've lost muscle tone and developed osteoporosis from sitting on the aforementioned lazy ass and you're standing 3" shorter than you should be, remember what got you there. Exercise helps your body in more ways than just losing weight. 

For those of you who think that every puke, PB, burp, fart, lack of restriction, too much restriction, episode of acid reflux, episode of constipation, regain, excess LOSS, cough, cold and pimple requires an IMMEDIATE revision surgery, SHUT THE **** UP. People with the band need time to find the right fill levels and to learn how to adjust to the smaller amounts of food to allow the thing to work correctly for US and for OUR needs, NOT YOURS. You don't need to be adding more stress by insisting that YOUR surgery is the right one, that only YOU know what's right. Before you go insisting that someone needs a get a RNY/Sleeve/DS because they don't have band restriction 2 weeks after their surgery, you're just being an ignorant, know-it-all asshole. Especially when you've only had YOUR OWN for 2 weeks.

And of those of you who have absolutely NOTHING better to do with your pathetic lives than to come in here and start **** for no other reason that to start **** and to try make yourself feel superior: go buy a ******g life, you pathetic excuse for a human being. Rescue an animal. Volunteer at a food pantry or homeless shelter. Do SOME ******g thing to make your existence worthwhile to humanity.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Bette B.
on 4/26/11 10:27 am
 One more thing: I'm sure there will be lots of comments from the usual ******** about this post. I really don't care. I haven't given the BLOCK button a good workout in a while. I'm sure it misses the attention. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

cheyenne000
on 4/26/11 10:33 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 1:24 am

The reason I got a Lapband is.....I didn't know how to spell aarrggeennnnwhyy......
Thanks Bette...

Petra
blessedabundantly
on 4/30/11 4:24 am - Abilene, TX
I agree with everything you posted. That's why I don't post here much. I come maybe twice a week, glance over post titles, look for posts from a few people who I feel post valuable info (like you, Bette) and move on. :)
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
Yelena K.
on 4/26/11 10:32 am - Plymouth, MN
 Love your attitude and love YOU! People love to run their mouths at every opportunity they can. I've faced people who didn't believe my success. What's not to believe? I AM LIVING F-ING PROOF!! 

Does this sum up your rant?

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Jean M.
on 4/27/11 12:12 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I'll have a big hot cup of that, please, Elena.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

naph_jam
on 4/26/11 10:35 am - Murfreesboro, TN
I love this post. 

psychomom
on 4/26/11 10:39 am - China Grove, NC
Love it !!!! :)

Donnamarie
on 4/26/11 10:42 am - NY
Amen!

Bette, I'm not kissing your ass or anything like that, LOL, but please don't go.  As a new Bander I need to read about success stories, people that know how to use their bands to their advantage, and yes I need to see those people that have been SUCCESSFUL, NOT LUCKY.  

I am only one month out today, but I have learned a lot from those that came before me.  Without you guys around we are all going to FAIL and go to the revision forum!!! Do you want that responsibility on your conscience?? 

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

Most Active